Fixed Health Plans Vs Traditional

matilda654

Expert
I've noticed insurance companies are now coming out with fixed health plans which pay a fixed amount of benefits for each procedure, office visit, etc.

If you have knowledge regarding these type of plans, would you recommend them as opposed to a traditional medical health insurance plan? I know they are limited, but when you figure in the ridiculously high monthly premiums for an indvidual plan, plus a high deductible, they seem to be a good alternative to me. Would you or would you not recommend a plan like this for a client who is seeking medical insurance? Why or why not?

Thanks for your expert advice!

Re: Fixed Health Plans Vs Traditional ?

Limited benefit plans are junk. If you offer them, understand that your E&O may not cover any claims that arise from selling them.

In honesty it depends case by case.

Aenta's CA Value plans I would not market to a family since obviously the kids are going to need better ER and more doctor visits etc.

But to a student that only wants 1-2 visits a year and takes no medications then yes that could be "considered."

If your talking about hospital indemnity plans with "discounts" on doctor visits, prescription drug etc, then I would only suggest that for someone that has been declined and can't afford the high risk pool. I wont say all discount plans are complete junk since they do offer some form of protection even if it is very minimal.
When I say minimal I mean very much so.

Really it depends on whom your meeting with. But don't offer that as a plan to people to take them off their traditional plans as a way of saving them money, that would not be bright.

Back