FL to Expand Medicaid W/waiver

Yagents

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
I sell in FL, so I was glad to see this breaking news that Gov Scott got a waiver from HHS to expand medicaid, but do it with privately managed care. I see more states seeking this waiver, and expanding medicaid. I just don't like the idea of not having something to tell people at the lower income scale. There are still many that show no income on paper, but still wealthy, and won't want medicaid. A perfect prospect for off exchange plans too.

Waiver In Hand, Florida’s Rick Scott Backs Medicaid Expansion – Capsules - The KHN Blog

Looks like he's hedging his bet with a 3 yr window comment:

“Expanding access to Medicaid services for three years is a compassionate, common sense step forward. It is not the end of our work to improve health care,” Scott said. “And, it is not a white flag of surrender to government-run health care.”

There are still many that show no income on paper, but still wealthy, and won't want medicaid. A perfect prospect for off exchange plans too.

You are absolutely right about those clients/prospects who are wealthy but show little income on paper. I can see the anger when you tell them they must be auto-enrolled in Medicaid, and they have no choice. Many of them won't even want exchange plans with narrow networks much less Medicaid. As a matter of fact, I can imagine that many middle-class families won't be happy to hear that their children are auto-enrolled in Medicaid.

Back