FMOs Are Greedy

That will be $179.99 for the ad you placed.

We have contacted Insurance Forums in the past to place ads, only Ritter Insurance can place ads in the Senior Forum. We were providing valid information Not All FMO's are alike. Find one that helps you the writing agent make more money and grow your business. That is everyone's goal! As mentioned in our previous post most of the time a good FMO can offer you better levels or marketing reimbursement than you can get with direct contracts to the company.

I don't need their help even if they bothered to offer it, but I sure would like to KEEP that override for myself. Shoot, give ME that override and I'd work 24/7, 365 days a year :)
The answer to that is simple.. You do what your FMO does and you will get the $200. :yes:

I'm not questioning the "override" part.
But, you just said your upline doesn't deserve the $200. That's an override. Which, in most cases, you cannot qualify for as just an agent. So you kinda are questioning the override part. But I'm being argumentative, which I really don't want to be.

That said, I agree with your point. I don't know if I know of another industry where I can give you the "right" to sell a product, and I get to make money from that. No assistance. No guidance. Nothing. Yet I get money off of what you produce. Odd, odd stuff. To top it off, there are some contract peddlers who will, purely out of spite and a sense of entitlement (COUGHhealthchoiceoneCOUGH), refuse to allow you to continue to sell your products if you leave them. They can literally block you from working, because they're sad that you believe you are too good for them. 'Murica!

But, you just said your upline doesn't deserve the $200. That's an override. Which, in most cases, you cannot qualify for as just an agent. So you kinda are questioning the override part. But I'm being argumentative, which I really don't want to be.

That said, I agree with your point. I don't know if I know of another industry where I can give you the "right" to sell a product, and I get to make money from that. No assistance. No guidance. Nothing. Yet I get money off of what you produce. Odd, odd stuff. To top it off, there are some contract peddlers who will, purely out of spite and a sense of entitlement (COUGHhealthchoiceoneCOUGH), refuse to allow you to continue to sell your products if you leave them. They can literally block you from working, because they're sad that you believe you are too good for them. 'Murica!

Seriously? Any sales or franchise would fall in this category. They make money when you made money and all offer various levels of support and training. Some more than others.

Sure, support, training and assistance should come from your upline, franchisor, manager, etc. But that isn't always the case, yet they still get their cut when you sell.

Seriously? Any sales or franchise would fall in this category. They make money when you made money and all offer various levels of support and training. Some more than others. Sure, support, training and assistance should come from your upline, franchisor, manager, etc. But that isn't always the case, yet they still get their cut when you sell.
And when you leave Burger King, can they make you sit out six months before managing a mcdonalds?

Furthermore, I don't think you could run a cash register without having some form of training.
Or make a Big Mac without someone explaining the recipe.

Last edited:
And when you leave Burger King, can they make you sit out six months before managing a mcdonalds?

Furthermore, I don't think you could run a cash register without having some form of training.
Or make a Big Mac without someone explaining the recipe.

Since when is making a big mac or fries being in sales or being a franchisee?

As I said, some franchises provide more support to their franchisees than others. Franchises are one of the biggest scams out there. Go check out the FTC sometime. They are incapable of regulating the industry at times. Big names, sure they support their franchisees. A lot are fly by night and while maybe not a scam, they really just want your franchise fee and hope maybe you get lucky and send in some quarterly fees.

Same with sales. Some pretty much just throw you out there to sink or swim. Others support you.

Since when is making a big mac or fries being in sales or being a franchisee? As I said, some franchises provide more support to their franchisees than others. Franchises are one of the biggest scams out there. Go check out the FTC sometime. They are incapable of regulating the industry at times. Big names, sure they support their franchisees. A lot are fly by night and while maybe not a scam, they really just want your franchise fee and hope maybe you get lucky and send in some quarterly fees. Same with sales. Some pretty much just throw you out there to sink or swim. Others support you.

First of all, franchisees are flipping burgers and making fries, my friend, in MANY o these establishments.

Second, my point, again is: could you go to another fast food joint without sitting out six months.

Third, I think we are attacking the same side of this point, if I understand you at all.

Fourth, this conversation is totally stupid and completely off topic.

First of all, franchisees are flipping burgers and making fries, my friend, in MANY o these establishments.

Second, my point, again is: could you go to another fast food joint without sitting out six months.

Third, I think we are attacking the same side of this point, if I understand you at all.

Fourth, this conversation is totally stupid and completely off topic.

And yet you keep it going? :skeptical::)

Back