Follow up on missed med supp sale.....

If they want to think about it, let them, but arrange a call back.

Great, how about I call you Monday to check up on you. Then call them Monday. You have just proven to them that you do what you say you are going to do.

Do not say, do you want to change. You just refreshed in their mind that they are going to have to change something and might scare them back into the root of the objection, change.

Rather, ask them if they are ready to start saving money.

I would say something to the effect of "Mr. Smith, this is Mike, we talked last Thursday about Medicare." They usually say oh yea, how are you, blah blah blah. "Mr. Smith, I told you I would call on Monday, that is the reason for my call. Do you want to go ahead and save money on your health care like we talked about?"

They are more prone to say yes to saving money then yes to changing insurance. It is no secret that you are changing carriers, they know they are, they are just viewing it as a positive move.

Rather, ask them if they are ready to start saving money.

I would say something to the effect of "Mr. Smith, this is Mike, we talked last Thursday about Medicare." They usually say oh yea, how are you, blah blah blah. "Mr. Smith, I told you I would call on Monday, that is the reason for my call. Do you want to go ahead and save money on your health care like we talked about?"

They are more prone to say yes to saving money then yes to changing insurance. It is no secret that you are changing carriers, they know they are, they are just viewing it as a positive move.

Great suggestion!

My close is, "I just need to see your Medicare Card to get this started and you can begin saving money the first of the month".

If they tell me they want to think about it I ask them what questions they have that I didn't answer. I then kind of sum up what we had talked about putting a lot of emphasis on the savings in premium and again ask for their Medicare Card.

Usually when they say they "I want to study on it" it means that they really don't want to change and for what ever reason they are very skeptical.

Sometimes I will suggest that we complete the application and leave it with them. I tell them if they decide to go ahead all they have to do is sign it and send it to me along with their check. I leave a self-addressed, stamped envelope with them. I then call them back in two days, not any longer than that. If they still haven't decided then I move on to others.

You can waste way too much time dicking around with people who are jerking you around. Plus it is very frustrating.

Sorry Senior, no letter. I have found that a letter is a waste of time.

Frank,

I agree with the no letter idea. You cannot get an answer from a letter. It is always better to talk to them, let them tell you NO or come back by. That way the client knows that you cared enough to call them back. If they don't care, then move on...maybe one day they will care and call you back...Check Please!

That is another great move it having them fill out the application, and let them hold on to it.

Another great point is knowing when to move on. Don't waste your time with tire kickers.

Back