For Active Health Agents Only-2016 Commission Estimates

2016 ACA Commission Estimate

• Total voters
I've just accepted the PMPM model as inevitable, unfortunately. The Aetna model reduces commissions overall by about 15-20% (assuming average premium of $450 for an individual), at the end of the day I can live with that.

Maybe you are right, but if that's the case I'll sell MA plans all day along first..Lot less hassle..Cant afford to pay sub-agents to sell for you to produce volume when most apps are single people $21 pmpm bs.

I think commissions will hold for 2016 and then we will see cuts in 2017.

CMS telling carriers to go with a flat amount (similar to MA) wouldn't surprise me either in the next 5 years.

I also think we all see our last year in an upswing of our client count. Coupled with a commission hold and an increase in premium, we should see an annual income increase for 2016. Stable in 2017. And we need a plan B ready for 2018.

And all this blows up if Roberts won't read the "Chevron Deference"

Maybe you are right, but if that's the case I'll sell MA plans all day along first..Lot less hassle..Cant afford to pay sub-agents to sell for you to produce volume when most apps are single people $21 pmpm bs.

It's tough when you have a downline with ACA plans, I don't know how you make that work, particularly when you have marketing costs.

My business is simple-all referral, no other agents, no assistants, just me. And I am at a point in my career where just keeping the status quo on my book of business with even 60% of the money I am making this year works well.

I guess the good news for all of us is that anyone with a brain is going to stay away from entering the health insurance niche and that makes it a little easier to acquire new clients if that is needed.

It seem that 7.69% of the voting agents feel that the sky is the limit with 2016 commissions. We have extreme optimists in our midst.

No comment regarding the 7.69% who feel that 2016 commissions will plummet to 0%. We know who he is..:twitchy:

It seem that 7.69% of the voting agents feel that the sky is the limit with 2016 commissions. We have extreme optimists in our midst.

No comment regarding the 7.69% who feel that 2016 commissions will plummet to 0%. We know who he is..:twitchy:

Actually the one going to 0% is a new poster, if you click on the votes column is displays who thinks what

Back