? for Georgia Agents....Place of Business

agentjhc

Guru
1000 Post Club
In reviewing GA L/H law, it says that "Every lic producer must maintain an office that is accesssible to the public. This must be where the producer conducts most of his business under the lic"

Does this mean you must have a store front office?

Is GA different than the rest of the country? I need to pick up a non Res for a small life deal. But if it is to big of a hassle maybe better to give it away.

Maybe I shouldn't say this, but I have been an agent here since 1978 and have worked out of my home since 1993. I know quite a few other agents that do likewise.

If the GA GOI closes me down I am taking a lot of folks with me

Maybe your house is considere public accessible...my plan is to work out of my house as well.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Is GA different than the rest of the country? I need to pick up a non Res for a small life deal. But if it is to big of a hassle maybe better to give it away.

Go away...and send me the name of the client!

Last edited:
Maybe I shouldn't say this, but I have been an agent here since 1978 and have worked out of my home since 1993. I know quite a few other agents that do likewise.

don't lie......you got it covered......

ins-Office-Outhouse.jpg

Please excuse my mulitple typos above...sometimes things just don't work the way I plan when using my droid!

It just has to be the place you keep you files. Does not need to truly be accessible to the public. I have an office and keep the door lock at all times so I do not have people try to walk in like I have had happen in the past.

This thread reminds me of the one not long ago when someone said you can't sell insurance over the phone to someone living in Kentucky.

I've sold people in KY over the phone and I'm non-resident licensed in GA and don't have an office anywhere near there.

Back