For Those Who Want to Start a Newsletter

As far as automation, I find the automation described in the link an overkill when it comes to scheduling, reminders, etc. Most appointments I make call me via mailers, referrals, etc and I close them in the first call so it isn't as necessary in my line of business.

I usually try to do a 3-5 to 1 ratio of general info/family updates to sales offers. My sister just started and most of my clients ( about 1500 or so on this list along with about 100 of the other 2 brokers) dont know my sister works with me and is an attorney so that would be a conversion opportunity.

So do you guys think it is OK to have this general newsletter go to all 3 brokers clients (me brother sister) and keep it under an agency voice? My concern about doing individual ones is that it wouldn't get done consistently by all 3 producers.

Thanks for the feedback. Had a few email responses from clients and a facebook review already!

Yeah, um, ok, I guess that's one way to do it.

Without some type of conversion process, you're just writing to keep your name out there. Newsletters DO NOT convert on their own.

Here's some more perspective:

Insurance Forums | Automation, more automation, and even more automation

If some agent out there is too busy to write out a personal newsletter than there is no way they are going to build an automation system like you described.

Although that is probably the point you were making....... "Hire me!"

As far as a "conversion process" goes....

1. Hit reply - really easy and a natural thing to do when someone personally emails you.

2. Give me a call - phone calls convert a whole lot higher than someone filling out a web form.

3. You send them an email or give them a call.

4. Do a contest - I have announced that I will be giving away football tickets. that lets them know to not unsubscribe. I will also be giving away 4 tickets to a baseball game in 3 weeks.

----------

As far as automation, I find the automation described in the link an overkill when it comes to scheduling, reminders, etc. Most appointments I make call me via mailers, referrals, etc and I close them in the first call so it isn't as necessary in my line of business.

I usually try to do a 3-5 to 1 ratio of general info/family updates to sales offers. My sister just started and most of my clients ( about 1500 or so on this list along with about 100 of the other 2 brokers) dont know my sister works with me and is an attorney so that would be a conversion opportunity.

So do you guys think it is OK to have this general newsletter go to all 3 brokers clients (me brother sister) and keep it under an agency voice? My concern about doing individual ones is that it wouldn't get done consistently by all 3 producers.

Thanks for the feedback. Had a few email responses from clients and a facebook review already!

I would imagine since you are all related that it wouldn't be a big deal.

I recently started emailing for a friend and a family member in the business. When I mail to their clients I say "from Joe and Cash" and sign off with my name. You could try something like that. With the family member, I would say half of his clients already know me though.

Here's the point: newsletters don't convert. Email marketing should be used differently from what you're thinking of. And if you're not automating that process (or don't have time), you're wasting time by repeating the same processes week in and week out.

Here's the point: newsletters don't convert. Email marketing should be used differently from what you're thinking of. And if you're not automating that process (or don't have time), you're wasting time by repeating the same processes week in and week out.

https://xopaa.com/email-marketing/

Click the link and scroll down a little bit. Do you notice the three words with the exclamation point after them? Sounds a little different than your "point" above.

Click the link and scroll down a little bit. Do you notice the three words with the exclamation point after them? Sounds a little different than your "point" above.

Because, despite my insistence, people want to do what they want to do with their email marketing platform. It's what they've always done, and that they feel comfortable with.

But that doesn't mean it's the best option or use of their time.

The quote "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should" comes to mind.

Because, despite my insistence, people want to do what they want to do with their email marketing platform. It's what they've always done, and that they feel comfortable with.

But that doesn't mean it's the best option or use of their time.

The quote "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should" comes to mind.

So you insisting people not do something means lying in your marketing in order to get money out of them :no:

I have to disagree. If you are suggesting you pre write all of your content, then it comes off as canned and stale.

There is nothing more annoying to me than inquiring about something and then the automated emails start blasting away, especially when the "consent" is assumed or buried in fine print. I tend to proactively not do business with companies that do that.

So far that email has "converted" pretty well. I got a positive review on Facebook, which helps out in a variety of ways (social proof, loyalty, exposure) and 3 clients responded to the birth announcement to my personal email congratulating me.

While I certainty recognize the value in email marketing and marketing automation, I think a lot of people over think it to the point that no action occurs.

----------

Click the link and scroll down a little bit. Do you notice the three words with the exclamation point after them? Sounds a little different than your "point" above.[/quote]
I have to disagree. If you are suggesting you pre write all of your content, then it comes off as canned and stale.

There is nothing more annoying to me than inquiring about something and then the automated emails start blasting away, especially when the "consent" is assumed or buried in fine print. I tend to proactively not do business with companies that do that.

So far that email has "converted" pretty well. I got a positive review on Facebook, which helps out in a variety of ways (social proof, loyalty, exposure) and 3 clients responded to the birth announcement to my personal email congratulating me.

While I certainty recognize the value in email marketing and marketing automation, I think a lot of people over think it to the point that no action occurs.

Lately, I have been spending a couple hours a night on my e-mail list. It is something I should have focused on four years ago but didn’t. Anyways, here is some of what I know about starting an email newsletter that works for insurance agents and agencies. If you have any questions let me know…...

Keep in mind, by the time you figure out exactly what to do and how to do it, you could have been spending a ton of time closing deals. Email systems are a dime a dozen, the more important factor is the content. You can get a $1 a month sending system and not use it because you don't have professional content. By the time you figure all this out and put it together, you are out $1000 in your time and missed sales opportunities.

Try Insurance Newsletters | InsuranceNewsletters.com

This is turnkey, it has well over 3,000 articles to choose from and there are default subject lines that work. The industry average open rate for financial services is about 10% or so, the open rate for those using InsuranceNewsletters is close to 30%. This is my site and I do spend thousand and thousands to make it as good as it can be, something that a small or midsize agency does not have in their budget. Actually a number of the larger agencies are hold accounts with InsuranceNewsletters. For a small fraction of what it would cost you to do it on your own, you can access this service. You can customize your newsletter and even customize your articles if you want to edit a few items.

Those who don't have a newsletter program and do not keep in touch with their clients on a regular basis have a higher attrition rate, also it's much easier to round out accounts when you are constantly and professionally in front of your clients. Many of our clients tried it on their own, but the time it took, finding the content, and continuing it on a regular basis just did not work out for them, but it worked out with InsuranceNewsletters.

I think the best approach is the approach that works best for you. If you are creative, like to write and want a hands on approach by all means start typing away. Your clients will read and feel your personality in the words.
If you aren't a writer or don't have time, have someone else put the words out.
In either case, this is a necessity. Out of sight, out of mind and someone else is now all up in your Kool-Ade and you just ended up losing a renewal, a referral or a fresh opportunity because they forgot about you.

Back