Form 1095-A - Will Marketplace Mail It?

Pancur

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
IL
Hi,

Do you guys know if Form 1095-A is to be mailed by Marketplace to everyone or it will be available only on healthcare.gov? So far non of my clients received it by mail by they got emails that the form is ready to download from their marketplace accounts.

Thanks.

Some have been put in the mail already. Just got off the phone with a CPA who said a couple of his clients have already sent it to him.

It will be sent in mail by law by 1/31
It will also be available in HC.gov

Here, I'll throw you a bone

Attachments

• FAQs for 1095A.pdf
    122.1 KB · Views: 17
Some have been put in the mail already. Just got off the phone with a CPA who said a couple of his clients have already sent it to him.

It will be sent in mail by law by 1/31
It will also be available in HC.gov

Here, I'll throw you a bone

Maybe they printed it off and sent it to him. :)

I would assume CMS/HC.gov will be sending them. Some of my clients have received their eligibility notices by mail, even when they requested communication by email. Curious if any one else is seeing the same thing.

Yesterday a Marketplace rep stated the forms will be mailed out by 2/2/15, expected to reach the insured by mid Feb.
They are also receiving notices of a message on their HC.gov acct. They can log in and print the form there. There is a "Tax Forms" link. HC.gov reps can give instructions on how to find the link, if needed.

Good info in this IRS FAQ about penalty avoidance/payment and the code #they receive if officially cleared for exemption by Marketplace. http://www.irs.gov/Affordable-Care-...he-Individual-Shared-Responsibility-Provision

Last edited:
Client called, to talk about recent hospital stay/insurance coverage.
Out of side of his mouth, he says he was subject to a $1300 clawback even though income was the same as projected. Mentioned errors in forms were made, surprised accountant didn't mention it to you, brought up account, and sure enough, corrected 1095A was posted as of a few days ago (on 3 other clients too). Sent it to him.

Result = he's now getting a refund.

This will happen to people subjected to the error and in states/counties where the SLCSP actually went down from 14'-15' (like AZ)

I had a former client, down on luck, fired, hasn't found another job, couldn't pay the monthly premium. Not judging, may be some issues there, but called for help with 1095-A. "Didn't receive it". Needed stat, for tax refund, needed to pay bills. Tried for quite a long time w/Healthcare.gov to link app with account, to try to download 1095-A for client. Could not get it to work.
Finally, after former client calling almost daily, one more call to HC.gov. That rep told me I could download the blank 1095-A fillable pdf from IRS, and she could read me the #'s I needed from the 1095-A that Marketplace can't email or fax, only order new for a min. 10 day mailing time. She also told me how to recalculate the correct lowest cost Silver plan. They have a conversion tutorial. I keyed in the numbers, took less than 10 min.
It's an alternative when nothing else works, and time is running out.

Last edited:
Back