Free Insurance Leads - NOOBS Only

HarryDaBroker

Expert
I read a lot of members talking about the best lead sources, and lists to buy. Just know that you get what you pay for and a little sweat equity will go a lot further than buying some oversold farmville curated prospecting list.

HOW TO GENERATE FREE LEADS

Facebook - friends are a tough market to ask for the sale so let them come to you. Through a combination of posts that are witty,serious and professional (not all in one post), slowly you will position yourself as the expert and people will engage with you. If you see anyone elses post that slightly resemble an opportunity (new car, new house, baby, etc...) jump on the opportunity to take the conversation offline. Learn more and close the deal!

LinkedIn - Not a good place to find prospects to sell to, but a great place to meet Centers of Influences. These are the people that can possibly help you curate a list or possibly even make introductions for you. At first engagement take an interest in what they do and dont try to sell them on helping with you services. I usually take them to lunch and let them talk about themselves the entire time. I pay for lunch, give them my card and send them a lead within a day or two. About a week later I follow up on the lead and see if they have any for me. If they do, it starts a cycle of cross referrals.

Twitter - I had over 30k followers on twitter and did deals out of it (probably less than 10k now). What I got out of it was a little notoriety. Everyone was intrigued about how many people were following me and it positioned me even more as the expert. (I built my following by doing a lot of seminars and pushing my social media on all marketing materials and communications sent out). I also had a few people with large followings retweet my quotes of wisdom, lol.

Cell Phone Contacts - I send out a weekly txt to my contacts in my cell phone once a week. Every so often about business, but usually something to motivate them through their week. Its not to create a sale, but to promote engagement and remind them of who I am and what I do. This results in 5-7 calls per week with someone calling me about a problem needing my professional help.

Newspaper - If you really want a list to cold call from, your local paper gives you all types of life events to curate lists from. Weddings, babies, business openings, fires, etc. Sometimes the paper provide you with contact information, other times you can get it online or in the phone book. If they have an address listed I send a card with a hand written note and ask them to call me when they get a chance. For babies and weddings, I include a dollar to celebrate the first year and if they became a client I sent a dollar every year after.

Hope that helps. If any of you ever need anything you can usually find me in the fight club entertaining myself :goofy:

Back