"FREE" phone in MO. for Dual Eligible?

Corbinator

Expert
There is only about 10000000000000000 places that push free phones--so I have to assume 99% of them are fake

I have DUAL clients that are paying $40 a month for phone--AND they get constant cold calling

Is there an actual RELIABLE place in Missouri/Kansas city area to refer them to?

What does "free" phone or phone cost have to do with getting telemarketing calls?

There is only one bona fide free phone service in the US. It's the government subsidized Safelink (google it) that's available to very low income people and you can only get one phone per household if your household qualifies. The Safelink program is available online but there are many stores that are conduits for it which might explain your figure with all the zeros.

As for eliminating telemarketing there is the national do-not-call list, which is practically worthless if you have had the same phone number for many years.

The simple solution is just to get a new phone number and be careful who you give it out to. That's what I did and I went from 3 or 4 calls per day to about 1 every couple of months.

"Aw, but I don't want to hassle changing my number."

Oh, well.

I pay Verizon $3/mo in protection money to keep telemarketers away. So far it works pretty well.

I used to get at least 2 calls a day up to half a dozen. Now I get a couple a month.

This feature may not be available on Obamaphones.

Back