Free tools for agent websites & blogs

Nice calculator. If you could plug SS benefits in there, it would be even better.

This is primarily a sales tool. It uses simple arithmetic that the prospect can't argue with.

I'm just trying to help agents open a discussion about disability insurance. The agent will come across as the "nice guy" when s/he tells the prospect that the need is a little less.

Adding the SS benefits would muddy the water and make the form much more complex, not just for me, but for the person completing it.

I like your calculator a lot better than this one. Doesn't take as many entries. Nice.

Thanks for sharing.

Glad you like it. It is a simple concept I've used with a yellow pad before I became a full time underwear agent/web geek.

It is probably more accurate than using the traditional long list of questions.

These are nice. I'll link to them.
Also, a Life Ins needs calc would also seem to be helpful. (in your spare time)
thanks.

Alston,

My site is almost finished and I am trying to incorporate my blog into the site. I remember you mentioned something about a sub domain before something like http:blog.mysite.com. Would you please explain how to do that? Thank you.

Alston,

My site is almost finished and I am trying to incorporate my blog into the site. I remember you mentioned something about a sub domain before something like http:blog.mysite.com. Would you please explain how to do that? Thank you.

One of the publishing options on blogger.com is to "Publish by FTP" (file transfer protocol). If you do that your blog will be part of your website. You will name and create a subdirectory of your site and place your blog on it. I think it will overwrite any files if you publish to an existing directory, so you should probably make a new one.

"Publish by FTP" is one of the options you will see when you create a new blog on blogger. You can change how an existing blog is published by going to the "settings" tab and selecting "publishing."

Back