Future Commission on Small Group Health

If it's one thing that hopefully comes out of reform it's the death of all group health.

I don't say that to insult anyone here so please don't take it that way. I can't imagine trying to run a company and also dealing with health care BS.

There are many ways companies can attract and keep employees without offering health benefits. Hopefully one day in the future this insane burden will be taken off the backs of companies.

If it's one thing that hopefully comes out of reform it's the death of all group health.

I don't say that to insult anyone here so please don't take it that way. I can't imagine trying to run a company and also dealing with health care BS.

There are many ways companies can attract and keep employees without offering health benefits. Hopefully one day in the future this insane burden will be taken off the backs of companies.

I agree 100%. That being said, they need the employer's $$$, so I don't see it going anywhere.

I just had a renewal meeting with a 7 employee company, I saved them $10,000 (net of claims paid out and premiums)last year for better coverage with an HRA/HDHP combo. They previously had a $1000 deductible co-pay plan in place. I'm sure they would have gotten the same advice from the state exchange rep.

Full Throttle, we are doing the same thing. I see the HRA/POP marketplace being the only area to gain significant traction in the future, and with GI on individual even more of a place for it. The lines between group & Indy are no longer so clear and will be mixed together completely. It's the only way to provide significant difference in a small group.

I really don't know how you come to this conclusion?

It's does not sound like you have much experience with group clients.

I agree with ABC, the death of group coverage may be premature. There will certainly be employers who will still want their own plan, for a variety of reasons. A plan that is self-funded could easily be developed to meet the needs of a variety of employer groups. Thats not to say that many employers will opt-out and send their employees to the exchange, but there will be many that will not.

Back