Future Individual Commissions in My Area

Bob: No disrespect to you, but I will "churn" every chance I get if it makes sense. I never blink an eye doing it and neither do my clients. If you don't "churn" say goodbye to your book in about 1.5 years as these rate increases get more ridiculous. Ha, in fact I think I might churn myself on my own health plan next year. I know you churn your folks too, its ok :)

Actually, I rarely move clients and they rarely move away from me to another plan or broker. Many of my clients have been with the same plan for years.

Recently I did move 4 clients in one swoop from GR to H1. All were young and healthy and the GR HSA had become way too expensive.

That is unusual, mostly because most of my clients are where they are because they had health issues and the plan we picked was their only or best option. Others have developed health issues since buying 1 - 3 years ago and moving to another carrier will accomplish little or no savings after adjusting for the added risk factors.

I have known agents who make it a habit of moving folks every year, mostly to pick up a new FYC. They must cater to the under 25 crowd.

The average age of my clients is early to mid 40's and they range in age from mid 20's to 60-ish.

Nolagent-
From your original post, you sound like a real sleazy agent. I've been in the insurance business for over 25 years, and have done pretty well by doing what's in my client's best interest. Obviously, I need to make a buck like the next guy. But when I do right by my client, things work out for me as well. If you are going to flip your clients simply to achieve an increased commission of a few % points, you're are in real trouble. Perhaps you might want to meet with your clients, do the right thing, perhaps uncover a new need that you can solve, and get referrals from that client, since the client knows that you are a professional looking out for his best interest.

Nolagent-
From your original post, you sound like a real sleazy agent. I've been in the insurance business for over 25 years, and have done pretty well by doing what's in my client's best interest. Obviously, I need to make a buck like the next guy. But when I do right by my client, things work out for me as well. If you are going to flip your clients simply to achieve an increased commission of a few % points, you're are in real trouble. Perhaps you might want to meet with your clients, do the right thing, perhaps uncover a new need that you can solve, and get referrals from that client, since the client knows that you are a professional looking out for his best interest.

Not sleazy at all, looking to save my client money with a good policy, and get paid in the process. And yes I am swayed by what a carrier will pay me.

Perhaps you're not affected by the impending commissions cuts, but I have obligations and need to keep my income steady.

group brokers do it all the time

Group insurance is guaranteed issue and "minimal" underwriting. Continuation of coverage, HIPAA, etc make it more of a (high priced) commodity and it not anything at all like the individual market.

Latest posts

Back