Genesis Healthcare Says No

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Zanesville, Ohio-based Genesis Healthcare System is dropping Anthem and Humana Medicare Advantage plans in 2024.

The one-hospital system covers a six-county region of southeastern Ohio and said Oct. 18 it will still contract with Medicare Advantage plans from Aetna, Medical Mutual of Ohio, UnitedHealthcare, and Medigold, which is the MA plan from Livonia, Mich.-based Trinity Health. Genesis did not state a reason for its decision.

https://www.beckerspayer.com/contra...g-anthem-humana-medicare-advantage-plans.html

Zanesville, Ohio-based Genesis Healthcare System is dropping Anthem and Humana Medicare Advantage plans in 2024.

The one-hospital system covers a six-county region of southeastern Ohio and said Oct. 18 it will still contract with Medicare Advantage plans from Aetna, Medical Mutual of Ohio, UnitedHealthcare, and Medigold, which is the MA plan from Livonia, Mich.-based Trinity Health. Genesis did not state a reason for its decision.

https://www.beckerspayer.com/contra...g-anthem-humana-medicare-advantage-plans.html

Just had to move a MAPD client from Humana to Aetna because of this (8:40pm on 12/6....).

In Feb 2013, sold his wife UHC Plan F. Had major health issues at the time. Still has major health issues.

He turned 65 in Dec 2013 - didn't want to pay for F ("doesn't get sick"). So, MAPD.

Now he's older, sicker - Humana is being dropped by Genesis... He didn't complain about his MAPD but he did ask me if he could buy Plan F. Sorry, but that is no at this point.

Just had to move a MAPD client from Humana to Aetna because of this (8:40pm on 12/6....).

In Feb 2013, sold his wife UHC Plan F. Had major health issues at the time. Still has major health issues.

He turned 65 in Dec 2013 - didn't want to pay for F ("doesn't get sick"). So, MAPD.

Now he's older, sicker - Humana is being dropped by Genesis... He didn't complain about his MAPD but he did ask me if he could buy Plan F. Sorry, but that is no at this point.

And yes, in 2013 I had recommended the supplement. Back then I was pretty Leary of MAPD plans. I guess on the bright side he has saved 10 years of premium.

And yes, in 2013 I had recommended the supplement. Back then I was pretty Leary of MAPD plans. I guess on the bright side he has saved 10 years of premium.

Lucky to be alive if he was on MA for 10 years. Most don’t make it a month.

Back