Genuine Discussion on MA Regulations

Using the same direct mail marketing scheme

How do you arrive at that conclusion?

Should be able to assume 20% close ratio

Underwriting factored in?

My guess is no.

some call me and leave me crazy voicemails about how they are going to get the attorney general to shut me down because, clearly, I stole their identity if I sent them an ad about Medicare supplements..

Thought you stopped mailing to "General Delivery"

CPA is high - my only criteria for each campaign is that the FYC must cover the cost of the mailing. It usually does, but it's definitely not an exact science.

Because it's an inbound call from an ad - my CPA is likely higher than outbound calling a lead card or calling a list. But it's low-stress.

Low stress. Good.

Low hanging fruit. Good.

Nut cases. Bad.

Get creative and market yourself. That's been a game changer for me when I started doing this rather than relying on a lead card and chasing the prospects.

BINGO!!!

How do you arrive at that conclusion?

Underwriting factored in?

My guess is no.

Thought you stopped mailing to "General Delivery"

Low stress. Good.

Low hanging fruit. Good.

Nut cases. Bad.

BINGO!!!

I mean if I mail the same volume of letters I would expect to get a higher return on 67+ med supp than T65 or FE. Clearly not the case because T65 in Florida appears to respond like crazy. Still would say 67+ is higher response rate than FE.

Underwriting not factored in. All my evidence is hearsay and thus will not stand up in the court of law. What is a Medigap DM close ratio with underwriting factored in?

I mean if I mail the same volume of letters I would expect to get a higher return on 67+ med supp than T65 or FE.

You are entitled to expect any kind of results.

Generally, Medicare does have a higher response rate than FE but it all depends on the message and CTA.

If you believe folks who are 67+ are more responsive than T65 that's great. Doesn't make it so.

What is a Medigap DM close ratio with underwriting factored in?

I have no idea.

I don't use DM.

Your close ratio is probably 50% lower with underwriting, especially as you get above age 70.

YMMV

Back