Genworth LTC Insurance Changes

When all this came to light, my brother is a career agent and I was originally part of the ambassador program. He got me number quickly but have heard they might have stopped issuing these numbers.

previously posted by bill berry

I was not aware that you could get an AARP
number. How do you go about doing that? It was my understanding that only Career agents could have AARP
numbers.

I was under the same impresion. Would having a number entitle you to receive leads directly from Genworth?
And, has Genworth also changed the benefits & comp on AARP policies?

There are no changes on benefits or rates of the AARP plans (YET), nor comp to the career agents for selling it, giving the career agents an advantage over what we brokers can offer. I feel that will change in early 2013 when Genworth comes out with their new Genworth product.

Seems Genworth is trying to send Brokers a clear message to me.

And, I stand by my belief that no one can have an AARP writing number with Genworth but their Career agents. I believe Genworth and AARP are very clear on this.

I am independent and have a number BUT I have to let the career agent handle the sale and we split the commissions. I can't get leads from AARP. We just closed 2 cases with this relationship.

Do you mind sharing with us how you were able to get an AARP writing number? I have a Genworth number. Is that what are are talking about? The Genworth Career AARP agents have explicit instructions that they can not share an aarp plan sale with a non aarp agent. They were once able to, even with ambassador agents, but not anymore. As for how that agent interprets those instructions is up to them I guess. If Genworth is giving credit of a AARP policy sale to a non-AARP writing number for part of that sale, I guess those instructions do not mean anything.

It's PCFlex, but still with preferred discounts, spousal discounts, lifetime benefits etc, that were available on flex before they made the changes. I don't think AARP approved those changes. Hence, career agents still have the old product to sell until 2013, when everything changes from what I understand.

All states are not the same though.

Last edited:
Back