GenWorth VS John Hancock

so high you might even say that 5% compound is a dinosaur.

:)

Poor word choice. Dinosaur is used to refer to something that is extinct. 5% compound is not extinct. It exists and is available. Some underwriters have overpriced it (Northwestern, Genworth, State Farm) Some still have it available at very attractive rates. (Federal Employees).

Possibly unlimited coverage is slowly becoming a dinosaur (extinct)

What state was the Genworth / Hancock price for? Not 2nd guessing just wondering.

I do wish the states were always mentioned on quotes and mentions of product on this site but that ain't happening.

Lol. Just one year? Not since 2002!

----------

Flip a coin. No right or wrong answers. Choose a company in the middle ground such as Omaha, Transamerica, Genworth, John Hancock, et al just depending upon health underwriting considerations and the benefits your clients want.

If 3% compound, rates are about the same with Omaha, Transamerica, Genworth, Hancock, MedAmerica, Life Secure.

If 5% compound, MedAmerica, Life Secure, Omaha or Transamerica will work OK. Genworth, JH, Northwestern, NYL and State Farm are all much higher.

----------

What? Huh? Just not a bright comment.

Thanks for the info.

DO you have a go to between TA, JH, GW, or MO or just the one that makes sense based on UW? I write in TN and GA

Thanks for the info.

DO you have a go to between TA, JH, GW, or MO or just the one that makes sense based on UW? I write in TN and GA

Well, if Mass Mutual is not an option for you I would think of the 4 companies you mention Mutual of Omaha, Transamerica, John Hancock & Genworth in my opinion Mutual of Omaha will be the the first choice for me as well as for most everyone on this board.

Last edited:
Well, if Mass Mutual is not an option for you I would think of the 4 companies you mention Mutual of Omaha, Transamerica, John Hancock & Genworth in my opinion Mutual of Omaha will be the the first choice for me as well as for most everyone on this board.

Currently those are the 4 I have access to. I was not aware MM had a non-career option.

Back