Getting Appointed with Colonial Life

I am a little confused... Do you wanna leave b/c you can not get any trainning or because you do not have anyone to go and see?
No training,,why should I furnish all the presentations, since I have been with Colonial there has only been 1 presentation, MINE, I dont mind using my leads for presentation, I just never know what day to scheduke the appt due to no one going with me...NO TRAINING..I had signed 3 accounts in 5 weeks and that is all my district had done during that period, I have a 450,000 AP waiting on me, but I'm not putting my neck out to fall flat on my face with a company that respects me,the decision maker is my next door neighbor, I cant get any one to train me.The district has about 10 agents and none of them are working the way I want to work..I want to learn, I want to fly ...but I cant get off the ground

The GA in my district is a good guy, he has his hands full, he has is own full time CPA firm in addition to the Colonial, his time is limited and all the agents are NOT producing or not working.My family is too important to me to sit around and wait for free time, the company I'm considering,in just 2 weeks has trained me more than Colonial has in 10 weeks, using all the NEW companies leads.I think Colonial would be great for me, BUT I'm a guy who is begging for more work, willing to work 6 days a week,7 if I can find a way..
I have had 2 businesses that I started from ground up and sold and made a lot of money, I see this going nowhere fast and I don't have time to be trained 2-4 hours per week..Time is money and I want the money and willing to spend the time to get it.Like I said,I have no hard feelings..but I gotta move.

I do not blame nor fault you one bit, nor would I imagine that anyone else reading this will either. You said a new company that you are considering... Is this company Life/Health or both? Is your new company still in the workplace market, or the individuals?

I wish you well my friend.

I understand your frustration. What state are you in? Is it possible to get hooked up with another district manager?

In my state Colonial has poor represtation also.

I chose to use Aflac over them but now out side of the cancer policy the rest of Alfac products are not worth the benefit they are paying out.

So I am back to looking at Colonial. The benefits of their plans are much richer but cost about the same.

Right now employees do not have the extra money to spend on ancillary products.

When it comes to training I think learn your products inside and out. Call your claims department and understand the claims process. Then go sell.

I've heard from a very reliable source that Colonials sales actually increase a small percentage during tough economic times. When I get appointed next month I'm going to focus on their limited Health Advantage, Disability and Life insurance.

In Louisanna, Alabama, Mississippi large group sales with colonial, are up almost 12.5% that is dealing with groups of 500 employes and up.

On the flip side when dealing with very small groups 10 people and under sales are down 1.8% so go figure.

I'm in Arkansas, no I'm changing to the senior market..My new company is already trained me 2 weeks and looking to be on my own in a week or so, I love the idea of them giving me leads and setting my appts, I only pay for the leads when the apps are turned in...Actually the only leads I pay for is the ones I actually sign up.

Latest posts

Back