Getting in Front of More People

jemelton

Guru
100+ Post Club
Going for it. Going to build med supp empire, lol.

I've used telemarketing, bought tm leads (conversion very low). Also hired telemarketers myself. I would like to be in front of 12 qualified prospects for appointments weekly. Is this possible or should I ask how is it possible?

I worked at bankers life 15 years ago and we scheduled 16 appts per week. Not qualified, people that would just agree to an appt to let us smell their cat urine.

How do I get in front of 12 people per week? Would like to do face to face but may have to expand my area. I've never done dm for med supp, should I just hire 5 telemarketers to get enough leads? I have sufficient savings to get things started and several carriers that are competitive in my area have underwritten app bonus to offset marketing costs.

Going for it. Going to build med supp empire, lol.

I've used telemarketing, bought tm leads (conversion very low). Also hired telemarketers myself. I would like to be in front of 12 qualified prospects for appointments weekly. Is this possible or should I ask how is it possible?

I worked at bankers life 15 years ago and we scheduled 16 appts per week. Not qualified, people that would just agree to an appt to let us smell their cat urine.

How do I get in front of 12 people per week? Would like to do face to face but may have to expand my area. I've never done dm for med supp, should I just hire 5 telemarketers to get enough leads? I have sufficient savings to get things started and several carriers that are competitive in my area have underwritten app bonus to offset marketing costs.

If you have sufficient savings then jump right in and start trying things, rather than looking for that one perfect marketing system. There are thousands on this forum always looking for that, they still haven't found it. The forum is great, but you're going to get 30 different opinions.

Fire up the telemarketers and try it for 3-4 weeks. See how many you can close by phone. Maybe you'll find out you hate phone sales. Maybe you'll suck at it. Maybe you'll suck at it but try to convince yourself you hate phone sales for "other" reasons. So what, try something else.

You mention you've never done DM. Neither did the most successful DM guy on here, until he did.

Jump in, plug your nose, hold your breath, and learn to swim. Now. Just try something, whether it's DM, TM, whatever. Be decisive and go for it and keep pressing on.

There are too many people on here wasting valuable time constantly looking for the magic bullet when they should be going out and just trying things and learning from their mistakes. Wealth is in the experience.

Those of us who have successful Med Supp businesses will likely all agree, we got this far because of the TIME and EFFORT we put it, over and over again learning from what didn't work. Average people call this failing. Successful people call it "valuable experience".

You won't get it perfect the first try, especially with marketing. In fact you might need to continually seek out new marketing techniques (Likely) your whole career.

It takes roughly 10,000 hours to become an expert in your field once you've started.

Clock's ticking, just jump in.

you are right, the magic bullet doesn't exist. Just trying to get enough people on the phone that are interested to either sell by phone or see face to face. I like face to face for the cross selling opportunities. Thanks for the input.

I didn't just show up for work, I also showed up to work. - Cal Ripken

The dictionary is the only place where you will see success before work. - Quincy Jones

Bevo who's the most successful dm guy for med sups on this board you spoke of?

you are right, the magic bullet doesn't exist. Just trying to get enough people on the phone that are interested to either sell by phone or see face to face. I like face to face for the cross selling opportunities. Thanks for the input.

You hit it right on the nose.

When I first started marketing for Medicare Supplements, I thought I would find a "magic" state that would be ten times better than all the other states.

The "Truth" is some states are going to be better for you than others (this will also be specific to which carriers you are representing) and that there are good parts and bad parts in almost every state.

One agent's 'magic marketing bullet' (internet leads, telmarketed leads, direct mail leads, etc.) might not work very well for you.

You have to find out what works best for You.

Back