Getting My Life License Again (after 5yr Hiatus): Advice?

lementex

Expert
Hello

I am currently an active duty US Army Intelligence Analyst in Georgia (just returned from Afghanistan).

Before I joined the Army 5 years ago, I was an independent agent in California and Nevada. I did "ok" selling Term insurance and some IUL (>$100k+ premium every year)

I am getting out in 10 months and I REALLY REALLY miss Life Insurance sales. I had a good time and made a decent living. I am also missing the money. I am now in Georgia and plan to take my exam next month and get licensed in Georgia, SC, and Florida.

My plan is to sell part time around my schedule as an Intel Analyst, hoping to make some extra money (I am sole provider of a family of 6)

Once I get my license, Im not sure where to start. I enjoyed being an independent agent but back then (as I understand it) I was a little spoiled with leads. I had a direct mail system and an appointment setter and all I did was show up and close. As I understand it, that has kind of dried up.

Is this true? I'd also really like to branch out and learn more about Annuities and Medicare Supplement.

Once I get my license, I guess I'm just a little stumped on how to get started.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Chris

Hello

I am currently an active duty US Army Intelligence Analyst in Georgia (just returned from Afghanistan).

Before I joined the Army 5 years ago, I was an independent agent in California and Nevada. I did "ok" selling Term insurance and some IUL (>$100k+ premium every year)

I am getting out in 10 months and I REALLY REALLY miss Life Insurance sales. I had a good time and made a decent living. I am also missing the money. I am now in Georgia and plan to take my exam next month and get licensed in Georgia, SC, and Florida.

My plan is to sell part time around my schedule as an Intel Analyst, hoping to make some extra money (I am sole provider of a family of 6)

Once I get my license, Im not sure where to start. I enjoyed being an independent agent but back then (as I understand it) I was a little spoiled with leads. I had a direct mail system and an appointment setter and all I did was show up and close. As I understand it, that has kind of dried up.

Is this true? I'd also really like to branch out and learn more about Annuities and Medicare Supplement.

Once I get my license, I guess I'm just a little stumped on how to get started.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Chris

Chris my email is below I will be happy to help any way that I can. (son is Intel, USMC) hit me up and we can talk.

Haha

Where I work at NSA-Georgia, 90% of all my colleagues are either Navy or Civilian. Only a few of us Army here :)

Is your son still active duty? Or has he migrated to the civilian side yet? I wish I could work in California. Not many opportunities for me there unless I get into Cyber. Unfortunately I find Cyber fascinating but I know I would never be passionate about it.

Haha

Where I work at NSA-Georgia, 90% of all my colleagues are either Navy or Civilian. Only a few of us Army here :)

Is your son still active duty? Or has he migrated to the civilian side yet? I wish I could work in California. Not many opportunities for me there unless I get into Cyber. Unfortunately I find Cyber fascinating but I know I would never be passionate about it.

No. Did 5 active. Bitched the whole time. Got out and went back to UPS, after working with his peers a short time wanted back in. Went reserves. Has been active reserves for a while. You are correct, He is Cyber.

"My asvabs were to high for the Army or USMC"
You can't have ASVAB scores too high for the Army!!!!!!

Welcome to the Forum Lementex! I was career Army and live in Panama City Beach FL. If you need anything, don't hesitate to contact me: [email protected]

THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!!!!

"My asvabs were to high for the Army or USMC"
You can't have ASVAB scores too high for the Army!!!!!!

Welcome to the Forum Lementex! I was career Army and live in Panama City Beach FL. If you need anything, don't hesitate to contact me: [email protected]

THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!!!!

:laugh: I expected Dave or Todd to pipe in on the Air Force testosterone comment.

Back