Getting Started and Questions to Ask.

Cantango1

Hi all :)

New poster here so bear with me as I learn how your forum works.

I am looking into becoming an Insurance Professional. I have ZERO insurance experience and will be starting knowing basically nothing. Im hoping this is a good thing as I am a fresh slate. But even starting the first chapter of my reading material I feel a bit lost.

Either way, having no experience in the insurance field I have contacted local agents in the hopes I could find a "mentor". It seems this direction has paid off and have our first phone meeting tonight.

So in the hopes of making a great first impression, what are some questions you asked when you first started out ? What had you wished you had known/asked?

If it makes a difference I will be studying for Property and Casualty but will then focus my efforts on Equine and Agricultural.

I appreciate any help you are willing to give and have hopes this forum will become a "mentor" as well :)

First of all your going into Equine and Agriculture in P & C? If so I would not recommend it, if that's what you intend. Start off in the basic market of Auto insurance and homeowners insurance. Mostly because, you have no experience... What you need to focus on first is getting licensed. Get licensed and we can talk more...

Back