Getting Started In Medicare

redzalez

Expert
I live in San Antonio Tx and wanted to know if anyone knows an agency that can help me get started in Medicare? Hopefully one that can help me with some leads and a little training. I do have my licenses.

Working with a local agency can often be helpful, however it can limit your choices and can hinder your ability to grow your own downline distribution. That said, our group is based in the Northeast with a a number of general agents in the Southern states, including Texas. The most important variable in selecting a team to work with is the people. You have to be able to trust that they will be a good business partner and provide you with strong support on a daily basis.

Health Resource Advisors

A lot of the agencies are useless. I'm fortunate that I was already a profressional salesman and could make a presentation on any product just by reading the brochure. The agencies can't teach you salesmanship unless you get one of the rare few that is sincere.

Selling MA plans is simple. I can teach it over the phone. Order internet leads and call the people and tell them about their options. Of course, you need to be an expert on Medicare www.medicare.gov is a good place to start.

If you want to go captive to learn, go to Blue Cross.

Out of 100 parker agents, I probaly only know of 3 or 4 that stayed with parker for more than a year... Parker might be a great place to learn the medicare/senior market though, however Bankers and Senior Solutions would be great places to learn if you need knowledge and trainning. I would not recommend any of these for long term though.

I live in San Antonio Tx and wanted to know if anyone knows an agency that can help me get started in Medicare? Hopefully one that can help me with some leads and a little training. I do have my licenses.

With the recent legal changes in marketing for senior products, it might be difficult to find an agency. Did you look in the carriers themselves?

Back