Getting Started Selling Annuities

I have experience selling life, but I am interested in selling annuities by seminars. I live in the south Jersey, Philadelphia, Delaware region. Does anyone know of a company or organization that I could work with to get started?

The post repeated here should be considered:
From all I've heard about seminars - you better have big bucks to spend. The guy from AMS even told me "you better have $20-$30k in the bank before you think about doing seminars, they are that expensive"....

They say average seminar will cost $3-$5k.

To which the advice from budfox7 (a later post) is what I am doing: selling annuities as an adjunct, rather than primary sales.

I have not totally written off working under a mentor, but my first choice did not work out well. He was into his FMO for big bucks in a startup for annuity sales, so he ignored many red flags about the products his FMO pushed. I quickly realized that I would be locked into his regimen, and then found that his "experience" was many years selling life, but only a novice at annuities like me. He let on like he had over 30 years experience in annuities, and I was hesitant to challenge him. I gracefully bowed out as quickly as I could.

Last edited:
To which the advice from budfox7 (a later post) is what I am doing: selling annuities as an adjunct, rather than primary sales.

Amen, there are plenty more people out there with an insurance need versus having 50k-100k that they are willing to place into an annuity. If you sell some insurance, dropping just a few thousand into an annuity becomes profitable versus a money loser.

Somebody I know is working on a list that deals with just about every company and what they require and what they don't. At least the companies he runs across most often. He also is getting info from a few other agents that do a lot of business.

The end result is hopefully a fairly up to date list of the various company requirements. It was actually my idea and I still can't figure out why it has never been done. I understand it will/could change from time to time but as things change the list should be updated so nobody looks like an ***.

------------------------------------
Good day........pollution control......I'm cleaning up the internet and thought this would be a good place to start.

Ob1konobee - I would love to the see the list of FMO's, please let me know when it is ready.

Thanks!

Back