Ghost Writing is Not Allowed

Actually, in the P&C world, I don't see a lot of unlicensed activity, but ghost writing? Absolutely! This is how places like Superior Access and Insurance Noodle thrive.

Technically, they underwrite the risk, so its not ghost writing, more like shadow writing? But in the life/health business, agents don't have binding authority anyway.

Dan

But in the life/health business, agents don't have binding authority anyway.

Dan

Exactly, but the offers to "shadow write" abound, and what invariably happens is the agreement fails, and there's really nothing you can do about it.

You're supposed to get full first year commission, and half the renewals. You call and ask them to pay you a couple of times on first year, and they start paying you, but never take your calls, and you never see a dime of the renewals.

disclaimer: Neither myself or my associates have ever engaged in this practice nor is it suggested or otherwise condoned.

Webnanny was used in this post, shadow agent monitoring was used in this post. Ibid Chumps from Oxford, rules for compliant web posting page 17.

I’ve never heard about this kind of explanation of ghostwriting. It’s always been the way the writers in crisis would solve their problems, I mean by hiring other unknown writers to do the3 whole job for them. I’ve done something like that while working for my assignment help. But I feel like we’ve done a different thing because we helped people and they didn’t make any additional money by using our work.

Back