GI for Children

Because current Federal law requires these cases to be covered DAY ONE with NO pre existing waiting periods. I don't think the government cares if the big bad insurance company loses money - or maybe that is the plan???

they'll loose money on some of the GI cases but make up for the diff and then some when everone is required to purchase health care in 2014. I'm not for OBAMA CARE but GI for children is the RIGHT thing to do.

make up for the diff and then some when everone is required to purchase health care in 2014.

No, they won't.

The fine is so minimal compared to what premiums are now and will be when this thing unfolds most people will game the system, just like they do in MA.

Yeah, MA; greeeeat set up ...?
G.I. is great ...?
Couple in Fl. 6 mos. in FL. live 6 in MA ... took the FL. UHC plan with a back rider plan at 425 mo. vs. MA plan over 1200.

The penalty is in the legislation: 1st year is $95 and the IRS cannot lien/levy property or wages to collect.

PaHealthQuotes, if you think that is enough to encourage someone to buy health insurance, I want a hit off whatever you are smoking.

A $95 fine is a complete and utter joke. The only people it will mean anything to are those that couldn't afford health insurance to begin with. It is the people that count on the tax refund every year to pay the bills, take a vacation, whatever, that this will hurt. Everyone with a higher income will just adjust their withholding or quarterly payments to avoid getting a refund.

Back