Golden Rule Customer Service

SusieQ2

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Anybody else been on hold with Golden Rule for 45 minutes to get a simple question answered?

Also, had client call in to get new cards and they were on hold for 30 minutes.

Yea, last month been like this. I bet Obamaination care will be better than this, yea right. Especially when agents aren't in the mix. Call an exchange agent to get service, maybe hold times will be two hours, not one like Golden Rule.

Its better to just leave a call back number and they do call back promptly.

Every company has been like this, though I haven't noticed it taking more than a couple minutes with GR. Couple of them mentioned they've had a ton of calls about health reform compliance/mandate confusion. Humana picks up pretty quickly.

Couple of them mentioned they've had a ton of calls about health reform compliance/mandate confusion. Humana picks up pretty quickly.

Yea, don't believe their BS. They're cutting heads. By the time they are fully compliant with the new legislation, most of the calls will be answered in foreign countries. Why pay Americans $10/hr. when you can pay $10/day elsewhere.

If things keep going the way they are, insurance agents will be the only people with full time work. Then we'll be on top of the world.

They're cutting heads. By the time they are fully compliant with the new legislation, most of the calls will be answered in foreign countries

There is a lot of truth to that. Service has deteriorated and will continue in the same direction. Not only for agent services, but client services as well.

HO support is also getting let go. A couple of weeks ago Humana cut 30+ underwriting assistants.

This MLR thing is great for consumers.

Yea, don't believe their BS. They're cutting heads. By the time they are fully compliant with the new legislation, most of the calls will be answered in foreign countries. Why pay Americans $10/hr. when you can pay $10/day elsewhere.

If things keep going the way they are, insurance agents will be the only people with full time work. Then we'll be on top of the world.

As long as the hire 'Manoj', I am ok with it!

I just got off the phone with GR after about a 15 min. wait. She was courteous but obviously stressed. In fact, after she answered my Qs, I could hear her take a deep breath and then a sigh when she thanked me for being "nice" - seems she has not been getting that - quite the opposite. She told me that Plan details on the web and in the brochure are NOT up to date yet. BIG increase in Jan. 2011. (She must have said that 3 times) Preventive care now added to HSA plans and some other plans - (I like that) but who knows what the cost will be. She dreads the calls in 2011. How do we know what to sell if details are not clear and are changing? (makes you wanna go "hmmm")
:1baffled:
Sue
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
:GEEK:Uh, sorry if I missed something - why will we be the only people with full time work?

<<<If things keep going the way they are, insurance agents will be the only people with full time work. Then we'll be on top of the world.>>>

Last edited:
Back