Well care is horrible

David Dierlam

I've had Wellcare now for 2 years. In all that time, they've never asked me to take any exam. My wife on the other hand has Wellmed. They check her for everything every few months. Well care just pays for my diabetes doctor twice a year but I go on my own, they don't ask me to go. I'm 66 and in pretty good health but I've never been checked for anything other than my diabetes. Aren't health insurance companies supposed to act like my wife's insurance?

My wife is with a different company. Every year they check her bone mass, breasts, her blood, her feet, -everything. She has Wellmed.

My wife is with a different company. Every year they check her bone mass, breasts, her blood, her feet, -everything. She has Wellmed.

According to the link, Wellmed is a provider owned by UHC. It is NOT AN INSURANCE CARRIER. iT Appears to be similar to a concierge practice.

This link shows the INSURANCE plans they accept
https://www.wellmedhealthcare.com/patients/accepted-insurance-plans/

Wellcare is an insurance carrier that offers (among other things) MAPD and PDP.
https://www.wellcare.com/

Wellmed and Wellcare are apples and oranges.

I asked her and she has Cigna. I guess it's too late to change companies. Got to find a company who cares about me and not my monthly payment.

I've had Wellcare now for 2 years. In all that time, they've never asked me to take any exam. My wife on the other hand has Wellmed. They check her for everything every few months. Well care just pays for my diabetes doctor twice a year but I go on my own, they don't ask me to go. I'm 66 and in pretty good health but I've never been checked for anything other than my diabetes. Aren't health insurance companies supposed to act like my wife's insurance?

Are you in Texas? Florida? Wellmed is known for its solid treatment of money-making chronic conditions like Diabetes, COPD, CHF, CV disorders, etc. It is in most major Texas cities. I think that it revolutionized the business.

I'm in Texas. I have diabetes type 2 but all my A1C numbers have been great. You think perhaps that's why Wellcare doesn't require any check ups whatsoever? I'm 66 and have never been checked for anything except my diabetes about 10 years ago and that was before I had health insurance. (paid out of pocket). I'm sorry I rant but when I see the royal treatment my wife gets it pisses me off that my company "hides in the shadows"-so to spreak about my health. You guys are the experts. Shouldn't I have had some type of check up by now?

They have WellMed calling her for something at least once a month. Bone mass, bloodworm, breast exam, her feet, all kinds of things. So I guess I'm to assume that Cigna does not ask for these exams and WellMed does these for free? Interesting.....

Back