Golden Rule PLATINUM Vs STANDARD Plans... What Are You Selling???

El Capitan

Expert
hello
first posting here on the forum and fairly new life/health agent. glad for the opportunity to post here.

would like to ask those who are selling GR

what plan are you selling the most ?

for my GR contract
i get 21% for the platinum plan (w/ 12mth no interest advance)

for the standard plan
(which my wife is signed up to sell - enabling us to offer both plans to our clients)... she gets an 18% commission (interest free 12 mth advance)

as i understand it
agents can only be contracted for one or the other plan to sell... which is why i am contracted for one and my wife the other.

Below is a brief description of the differences:

Platinum: Pays higher commissions, has $1,000 less in coinsurance on the 80/20 option, has a $35 application fee (refundable if primary or dependent is denied coverage and they don’t take the policy), and is about 8-10% more expensive. It also has more options to add and remove benefits like copays and drug coverage and has a built in lifetime max of $6 million.

Standard: Pays about 2-3 points less in commission, has a 100% plan option that Platinum does not, no application fee and is 8-10% cheaper. These plans are not as easy to customize as they offer considerably less options and they only include a $3 million dollar lifetime max. They also have a plan with 100% coinsurance which the Platinum does not. Another thing to consider is that if your client does research on their own and goes online to quote Golden Rule, these are the rates they will pull

the thing i dont like is the $35 application fee
on the platinum plan... dont like having to explain to the client they have to pay to apply for health insurance???

thanks

regards

Re: Golden Rule PLATINUM Vs STANDARD Plans... What Are You Sellin

This is the type of BS that 2nd tier carriers dabble in. United should be ashamed of themselves.

Are you contracted directly or through a GA/IMO, etc?
What state are you in?
All of this matters. I dont think GR has two separate product lines in SC..

I just ran a quote for both: 2113 zip code, single male 42 Copay Select with a $2,500 deductible

Platinum: $160.03 - limit to 4 doctor visits at at $35 copay with a $500 deductible for name brand drugs. Preventative has a 6 month waiting period. Non-refundable application fee of $35.

Gen24: $168.08. Unlimited doctor visits, 3 month wait on preventative, $200 drug deductible and no application fee.

So Gen24 is in my opinion the superior plan.

you have a 12 month advance with Goldenrule at 21% or did i read that wrong

Lifetime max will be unlimited soon anyway. If you can prove production of 40+ apps the year before from all companies, you should be able to get 22-24% with GR for the regular plans. Don't know much about the Platinum.

The popularity of this Platinum crap proves that the majority in the health biz could give a rats ass about what the hell they are selling people.

Back