Golden Rule/UHC 30 Day Wait, New Biz

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Got a call from my rep. Starting 9/1/10, new apps will have an effective date 30 days out. Submit an app 9/2, the earliest effective date is 10/3.

They sure make it hard to love them.

OMG..you mean UHC/GR only have xx/01/xxxx effective dates? Golden Rule didn't used to be that way when it was a stand-alone company, but now that they're under the UHC umbrella, I guess they've lost some of their flexibility.

Blue Cross Illinois initiated a similar rule last month, in that at least 30 days are needed between app date and effective date. There's no limit on what day of the month is chosen, however. -AC

Nope, still do any day of the month for an eff date, but the date must be 30 days out. Doing that I suppose to avoid anyone buying now for surgery tomorrow. Gearing up for Obamacrap for kids.

Golden Rule has always been one of the most unscrupulous companies. After being rescued by UHC, the new parent company made a decision to allow GR to basically continue operating as a stand alone unit, which has done little to help improve UHC's overall image.

And Allen, I think this post is about a 30 day out eff. date, not a 1st of month date. That will be next, just watch. Your effective date will be the first of the month following 30 days after your application has been approved, which can happen up to 60 days after it has been received.

This is all a reaction to reform, especially no pre-x for kids. It's gonna get worse folks, but true to form, GR has shown its colors before most others.

Golden Rule has always been one of the most unscrupulous companies. After being rescued by UHC, the new parent company made a decision to allow GR to basically continue operating as a stand alone unit, which has done little to help improve UHC's overall image.

Thanks for confirming that my decision not to sell Golden Rule
over the past 5 years was a sound one.
-ac

Yay another nail in the golden rule coffin. Not to mention there is a good change of massive charge-backs with them come the end of this year. Those bastards keep twisting the knife.

Back