Good Time to Prospect!

ABC

Guru
1000 Post Club
The last couple months have been tough but know people want to talk.

If you are prospecting for group health and know what you are doing this is the time.

The last couple months have been tough but know people want to talk.

If you are prospecting for group health and know what you are doing this is the time.

I would agree. Businesses know that the markets are changing month by month, and they want to stay on top of things.

While I dont concentrate on group health and have an associate in my office that I hand most group health cases over to; I do concentrate on the 401K market a good bit.

There are plenty of owners out there that are receptive to evaluating their current situation.

And just because business is bad is no reason not to call on them, they still have needs.
Plus, that just means that they have even more time to meet with you!! lol

I do agree that this is the time to call small businesses, and ask about their current situations. Make sure that you understand the tax credit that they will receive, and how they go about getting it. That may play big in some situations.

Also, it is a good time to ask about supplemental benefits. For some businesses, they are cutting back on health and adding supplemental insurance. Shall I say, raising deductibles, and using supplemental policies to fill in the gaps.

I target the 2-25 employee companies. Every one else overlooks them.

Any suggestions on what the best products are to sell along with voluntary/worksite products & services? (Worksite meaning Accident, Disability, Cancer, Critical Illness) For example - also offering Group/Individual Health, P&C, Life, 401k. Seems like Health (major medical) is a natural. Each agent has their own preferences - just interested in some ideas on what others have found to be the most effective. Anyone offer everything?

I am cold calling small businesses and using the Reform Bill to help get in the door. We offer guidance and information to all of our Groups on the Reform Bill. I am even using a handy guide that we put together to help push prospects into clients. To spread our risk, I am also prospecting for Buy/Sell while going after the Group Business.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Has anyone used Fictitious Business Name listings in their local newspaper to help prospect for Small Group? If so, does it work?

Last edited:
I do agree that this is the time to call small businesses, and ask about their current situations. Make sure that you understand the tax credit that they will receive, and how they go about getting it. That may play big in some situations.

Also, it is a good time to ask about supplemental benefits. For some businesses, they are cutting back on health and adding supplemental insurance. Shall I say, raising deductibles, and using supplemental policies to fill in the gaps.

I target the 2-25 employee companies. Every one else overlooks them.

Bob, I like your approach and think you are on target here.

This tax credit offsets the normal business deduction employers could get previously. Anyone know which is better? The deduction or the credit? I'm thinking the credit is.

The credit.

Credit = Dollar for Dollar Offset (ie $3,000 credit = offsets tax bill by $3,000)

Deduction = $3,000 deduction X 35% hypothetical tax bracket = $1050 off the tax bill.

I'll take $3,000 over $1050 on my tax bill any day!

Back