Great American Life

Whether or not it's true, I had someone email me month ago claiming he could not get appointments because he went BK two years ago.

He is probably telling the truth, especially if he's trying to go captive. But IIRC about every contract I've seen period asks whether you've ever filed for bankruptcy. I've also seen contracts (usually captive) where they will terminate you if you go BK while appointed and don't get their approval to file for BK first, and usually it includes a clause like "and such approval will not unreasonably be withheld."

He is probably telling the truth, especially if he's trying to go captive. But IIRC about every contract I've seen period asks whether you've ever filed for bankruptcy. I've also seen contracts (usually captive) where they will terminate you if you go BK while appointed and don't get their approval to file for BK first, and usually it includes a clause like "and such approval will not unreasonably be withheld."

Hmm... well my credit is pretty good even with a divorce about a year ago.. and they appointed me... I just didn't think it would matter. I started thinking about it though, if I were to sell a large annuity and then the person annuitized or dies during the first year, all or a portion of the commission is charged back. So I can understand why they would want someone with halfway decent credit. It is not a captive arrangement though.

Does Great American have any production requirements to keep your appointment.

I have my E&O through the NAPA sponsored plan, but never submitted a deal-I wonder if they will drop me at some point...

Anyone have experience with Great American?

You are correct, the companies they represent are the ones which pulled the credit, but I believe it's because of American Senior Benefits previous experience in the industry and their unethical practices......be very weary of these folks and check them out thoroughly :1baffled:

The only downside I see with this method is if I were to have an E&O claim down the road. It would suck if my E&O didn't pay due to an expired appointment...

Expired appointments don't cause your E&O to be void. Your E&O covers anything Insurance Related during the periods of which the E&O was in force..

Back