Greetings and Salutations from IN

jamesd

Hello everyone.
New face here.
I have recently been contemplating a career change.
Insurance sales has come to the top of the list.
Luckily for me I have stumbled upon this board and have been reading for several days.
Obviously there is a TON of information to sift through.

Rather than ask everyone to regurgitate the same info you probably have a hundred times, i would simply ask,
can you point me to threads that you feel would be of the most help to me.

threads that would list teh best companies to work for.
threads that would help me decide if i was more interested in health, life or accident.
captive or independent.
you tell me, what is the best info for me to consider.

I'm 37, live in IN. i'm currently a recruiter and have done sales over the past 10 years. I live in Bloomington, IN.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone.
New face here.
Luckily for me I have stumbled upon this board and have been reading for several days.

Rather than ask everyone to regurgitate the same info you probably have a hundred times, i would simply ask,

threads that would help me decide if i was more interested in health, life or accident.
captive or independent.

I'm 37, live in IN. i'm currently a recruiter and have done sales over the past 10 years. I live in Bloomington, IN.

Welcome. There is a lot of good information on here especially about health insurance sales and senior sales. I have found the posts by Frank Stastny especially informative. Another site with information that helped me was Topgunproducers.

Hello James! I'm from Evansville (or Evanspatch as you northerners call it.):laugh:

A lot depends on how you want to work. Do you want to sell to individuals or businesses? Do you have plenty of money to get yourself going as an independent or would you rather learn on someone's dime as a captive agent? Do you like working with retirees or do you find them frustrating? Do you like health insurance, life insurance or property and causuality better?

Here are some posters who have specialized knowlege in different areas and I believe you can learn from them to find your niche:

Hoosierdaddy Travis Tubbs: posts about selling Final Expense Life insurance successfully

Frank Stastny - The guru of Medicare Supplements (but hates Medicare Advantage)

me, Newby- Scott Burke- Selling funeral preplanning insurance

Somarco and Healthagent - specialize in health insurance

There are many other regular posters on here who have lots of specific knowlege. Healthagent also has a group you can join to really learn how to sell heath insurance. I highly recommend it.

Hello everyone.
New face here.

captive or independent.

James,

You will not go wrong if you listen to Newby about anything final expense related. He is very informed in that market.

Thanks for the input guys. greatly appreciate. Being new and looking in, i want to make sure I get a grasp on things before making a leap and ending up somewhere i shouldn't have. LOL.

I think I should probably start captive so I have some guidance on successful insurance sales. Then decide if i should be independent. are there usually contract periods that you are stuck being captive?

Do you like working with retirees or do you find them frustrating? Do you like health insurance, life insurance or property and causuality better?

good question. having never done it i'm not sure. that is another aspect i am researching.

Thanks Again.

P.S. I HATE THIS COLD WEATHER. if I end up somewhere that requires door 2 door i will be in hell. HA.

Back