Group but Not Really Need Advice

I have a current client that has a profitable business with around 30 employees.

He wants me to go to the plant and sign them up on individual health, dental and life plans.

Any advice on how to orchestrate this thing will be appreciated. Paper apps and time slots? I've asked for something similar to a census, but considering that this is something like worksite voluntary benefits, but not really even that? Employer sponsored event, but not emp paid and not going thru their payroll.

Anyway, you get the general idea, 30 peeps that the employer is strongly influencing to buy insurance, but it doesn't fit any traditional mold. I will have no contact with the peeps before I meet with them.

He's given me plenty of time to prepare, so that won't be a reason to not make the most of it.

I don't get any sleep as it is, that's why I don't pursue group business, but lately it's been pursuing me.

Padthai? anyone?

If the boss is giving a financial incentive for them to sign up, that's great. If he/she isn't, I think you'll find it's a waste of your time - based on my experiences.

This is a little different. All of these people are going to be signed up. The emp has his reasons for doing it this way for now.

Looking for some input on how to best make it go smoothly.

Either take a pile of paper apps or a laptop, plunk down for the day, and have at it then.

You'll have to figure out how you're gonna get spouse signatures, if needed?

Out of thirty, you'll have at least six that will be uninsurable for ifp. Whaddya gonna do with them?

The demographic info in advance would sure save you some time.

you will have a few that do not qualify for ind coverage....then what....

you will have a few that do not qualify for ind coverage....then what....

Hold on Cowboy. I've got that covered, that's not my concern here.

This is being done with the employer's full cooperation and all of the relevant data is going to provided beforehand.

Really just looking for scheduling and procedural ideas for handling something like this efficiently. Like the title of the thread, group but not really.

Easy...send him a sign up sheet with 30 minute time slots starting at 7:30 and going until whenever. Also let them know that you will be back a few days later to catch whoever you missed the first day. Be prepared to quickly and efficiently explain what they need to know and have the apps ready. Simple as that.

- Chris

Send them to your web site and pick a plan and do the application on line....

If possible, I would try to do a 30 minute 'orientation' with everyone. This is where you can explain what it is you are doing, what people need to think about, etc.

Have a form for them to fill out that gives you the pertinent info, such as name, phone, address, family, health (use something with checkboxes, but make it simple), etc.

Then schedule them for 30 minute '1 on 1s' to go through each ones situation.

You'll need a second and a third person to help with the paperwork / application process if you want to get them done in 1 day (30 people times 30 minutes = 15 hours). If 2 can run the appointments and then someone else shuffle people in and out and help with the application paperwork, it could go pretty smoothly.

Dan

I have done this before, have them complete preliminary info and then have employer schedule the 30 minute meetings, worked for me.

Latest posts

Back