Group but Not Really Need Advice

The suggestion on the board have been good so far.

I would talk to the employees as a group and let them know the options they have.

For this deal you might be better off using online applications.
Fill them out with the client in front of you to confirm all the question. They will need a form of payment (CC). This might be the most efficient way.

On a paper app standpoint try to do them in 3-5 life groups.

Really only the people applying for single coverage will be able to complete the apps on the spot.

I have done quite of few of these kind of enrollments.
Prepare yourself for it taking a couple of days to get all the apps completed.

If possible, I would try to do a 30 minute 'orientation' with everyone. This is where you can explain what it is you are doing, what people need to think about, etc.

Have a form for them to fill out that gives you the pertinent info, such as name, phone, address, family, health (use something with checkboxes, but make it simple), etc.

Then schedule them for 30 minute '1 on 1s' to go through each ones situation.

You'll need a second and a third person to help with the paperwork / application process if you want to get them done in 1 day (30 people times 30 minutes = 15 hours). If 2 can run the appointments and then someone else shuffle people in and out and help with the application paperwork, it could go pretty smoothly.

Dan

Yes, this is what I have planned, but just wanted to see if there were any insightful remarks to be made concerning this type of enrollment.

It's going to work one way or another. My client has a bank account as deep as a well, but has never had group insurance(which would be much simpler) for his employees, so the logistics involved in handling something like this is new to him, but he's feeling good about it, so that will help.

I don't anticipate many declines, most of the applicants are between 22 and 35.

It could be very profitable, but something like this could end up being really messed up and taking up a lot of time for incomplete info., following thru uw and then following up with them on requirements for things, and them not being used to it etc.

The more I think about it, the worse it gets. I am a simple man that places 4-5 individual life and health applications a week like clock work and do a little group, and troll for AOR about as often as I go fishing.

You big group people understand these things a lot better. Slick hair, $2000 suits, stacked assistants named Cookie, flying around for secret meetings, etc.

Since you've done this before, why don't you come here and take care of it, and I'll help?

It could be very profitable, but something like this could end up being really messed up and taking up a lot of time for incomplete info., following thru uw and then following up with them on requirements for things, and them not being used to it etc.

bill, unfortunately there is no way around this stuff, it goes with the territory....

My client has a bank account as deep as a well, but has never had group insurance(which would be much simpler) for his employees, so the logistics involved in handling something like this is new to him, but he's feeling good about it, so that will help.

So are you saying he is going to be paying the prem. on these individual plans.....

So are you saying he is going to be paying the prem. on these individual plans.....

Absolutely not. Mr. Moderator, please....He's only using his gentle influence to encourage them to purchase individual coverage.

He plans to do group insurance in the near future, but it's not going to be fully funded. He wants them to get used to the idea of paying for health insurance, before it becomes mandatory.

It can be done.....but it has to be done right.....

Absolutely not. Mr. Moderator, please....He's only using his gentle influence to encourage them to purchase individual coverage.

He plans to do group insurance in the near future, but it's not going to be fully funded. He wants them to get used to the idea of paying for health insurance, before it becomes mandatory.

I did this exact same thing once. Absolutely loved it, had a blast.

I printed up demographics sheets for everyone and a time-slot signup sheet. Scheduled a 30 minute orientation at 7:30 and told them exactly what would be happening. IFP's, what to disclose on the demographic sheets, what I didn't care about, blah blah blah.

At the end of the orientation, I had everyone sign up for twenty minute spots. During those twenty minute spots, we nailed down a plan and did a paper app. Had to send them home with the employees to get spouse signatures in many cases, so I made a list of employees that took their apps home and gave it to the employer so that she could lean on them.

There was a ton of followup required and I had to drive out there a total of four times. The payout was awesome when all was said and done, so it was very much worth it. I got very, very lucky and didn't run into any uninsurables (that was thanks to a pre-screen before I ever drove out there).

I really enjoyed it. Wish I could get another one of those.

If the boss is giving a financial incentive for them to sign up, that's great. If he/she isn't, I think you'll find it's a waste of your time - based on my experiences.

You came very close to nailing this thing, and I know there are pit falls, but by the time I got the stats to run the quotes, etc. there was very little time left before the scheduled meeting so...

One word almost made this a waste of time - Medicaid.

I did end up with 5 whole life, 4 individual health (so far) that are placeable, maybe a couple more coming, and (1) worthless AOR on a GR policy. It's in the 2nd policy month, and GR refuses to change for 1 year. The client was more ticked off than me, some asshole in Florida wrote the app.

Back