Group Health Producers

I am first going to set him up on a 125 plan which he doesn't have, and continue to find other solutions. I was just curious on ideas, thought I would see what ideas people had here.

I think I will review the board, maybe see where a question is asked and the response is you need to look at other sources instead of getting ideas off of a message board. I thought the message board was a good place to get creative ideas.

Respectfully yours,
Dan

With all due respect, I agree with John and the others on this subject. Would you rather receive 50% or 0% and possibly tarnish a friendship. We're not exactly talking about a small group here, so the chance to screw up is higher.

The money you give up now will benefit you in the future. Having access to somebody with 30+ years in the industry isn't something to take lightly. Sure you give up a bit now, but why risk it when your job is entails managing risk.

Please note that I too strongly advise finding someone local to help and split it. However, if you want help, but are a bit greedy, then you might want to see if the Cason Group or Benefit Mall of Rogers Benefits group can help you. As long as you place it with an insurance company that pays overrides to GA's then they will help you and not take part of your commission.

I appreciate all of your concern and advice.

I too highly suggest splitting it with an experienced group producer. I've seen the group business destroy friendships. No kidding. You would do your friend a huge service and you could learn from the best. You would still make good money. In fact, a good agent will probably find even more opportunity to place product, finding more money than you will alone. I get the feeling that you don't have enough prospects in the pipeline that you NEED the money. Think about how much other money is available after you prove yourself: think key-man coverage, executive compensation, ect.

"I get the feeling that you don't have enough prospects in the pipeline that you NEED the money".

Where do you get your feeling?

Where do you get your feeling?

You're getting greedy. Usually the result of a small pipeline.

I am first going to set him up on a 125 plan which he doesn't have, and continue to find other solutions. I was just curious on ideas, thought I would see what ideas people had here.

I think I will review the board, maybe see where a question is asked and the response is you need to look at other sources instead of getting ideas off of a message board. I thought the message board was a good place to get creative ideas.

Respectfully yours,
Dan

Respectfully, Dan, you should consider working with another agent on this, your first group of this size.

HRA with HSA and benefit plans can fill their needs, but then you have to design the plan, and you must know more about the employees, and whether a carve out for management or ownership with a different plan for hourly, etc.

You can get a tremendous education just by working with an experienced agent. Take those skills to your next group, and you have not compromised your integrity or quality of service to your clients in the name of greed.

There is no free lunch.

set him up on a 125 plan which he doesn't have

Why?

Just because they do not have one now or because you think the employer & employees can benefit.

If you don't know why they need one, or should have one, you have lost the sale.

continue to find other solutions

Such as?

And Scott, the link you provided is not me. Here is one place where you can find me, but not at your link.

If one of my buddies called me up who owned a a business and said that he wanted to to write key man life for the partners and also group life for his employees I'm sure it would be a fat commission hit for me. But as I stated before, know when you're over your head and get some help.

I'm sure I could pull "some" info about key man and group life off this board but I guarantee you that my buddy would absolutely be able to tell that I really don't know what I'm doing. I'd find a solid life agent in my area and work out a deal.

Back