Group Prospecting

Getting people to talk with me is the issue, not so much problems with dropouts, dropped plans etc. Matter of fact, I'm working with two small businesses now who are implementing group health insurance for the first time.

Am I the only one or does it seem like people are more adverse to change now than they were 8 months or so ago?
Even if you can save them big dollars they seem skeptical and more inclined to stay with their current situation.

Getting people to talk with me is the issue, not so much problems with dropouts, dropped plans etc. Matter of fact, I'm working with two small businesses now who are implementing group health insurance for the first time.

Am I the only one or does it seem like people are more adverse to change now than they were 8 months or so ago?
Even if you can save them big dollars they seem skeptical and more inclined to stay with their current situation.

Yes, many people are skeptical and confused a bit by what has happened over the past 9 months or so. It is almost a daily event that you turn on any financial news program and you hear repeatedly about fraudulent business dealings by the likes of the Bernie Madoff's, Allen Stanford's, and others, of the world...

The confused mind says "NO" everytime.

This is not a new thing.

People usually are worried about what they might lose in coverage if they switch. A lot of controllers will make their decision off of their personal situation when it comes to health insurance.
Try pitching a HSA plan to a controller that is on $800 a month worth of meds.

Agreed, but now it seems as though they are even more reluctant. Just what I need as a newbie in the business.

I may try focusing more on indi life insurance using leads. What I'm doing now isn't bringing in enough revenue so I want to find some other potential sources.

Agreed, but now it seems as though they are even more reluctant. Just what I need as a newbie in the business.

I may try focusing more on indi life insurance using leads. What I'm doing now isn't bringing in enough revenue so I want to find some other potential sources.

If you just got into the business you might want to consider picking up a night gig. First 3 years are tough and the economy is not helping matters either. I think we have another wave of layoff still ahead.

In my block of small groups no one is hiring. I usually avg about 8-12 new hires a month and right now its the big 0 zero. I use to get growth out of my clients and now I am just watching them shrink more and more.
Scarry Times

Back