Guaranteed Issue Plans

shalsant

Having the below out of network surgery in July:

Laproscopic Excission of Endometriosis

Does anyone know of a plan that will cover this????

Yes. Most health plans cover that. If it's medically required of course.

u need to go behind a rock and choke on a tree branch... u are the problem with this industry... go piss up a rope

ok... i reread it and u may have insurance... in that case, dont do any of the stuff i just said... however, health care reform will contuine to reduce networks and more and more claims will be potential out of network.... get used to it... now if you dont have insurance now... the first part of my post applys

Last edited:
Why would anyone get insurance if they can get it after they are sick?

Kinda like totalling your car, then wanting to get full coverage auto insurance

Hey, let's be nicer to this woman. Her post said, "Having the below out of network surgery in July:" It sounds like she has insurance. It sounds like she's picked an out-of-network surgeon, and/or has a very limited network.

Here's a little advice for the original poster:

If you're looking for insurance to pay for it, you could try a group plan from your employer or spouse's employer. They have open enrollments and/or qualifying events so you might have an opening. PCIP is only available IF you were uninsured for the last 6 months. No insurance company will issue an individual policy on a person who is planning to have surgery soon. There are some guaranteed issue limited medical or discount plans available, but I don't think you'll find most agents recommending those types of plans.

Other options include contacting the surgeon and asking for his cash price or negotiated price. Make sure the surgi-center is in-network, as well as any assistant surgeon, anesthesiologist, lab or pathologist, etc. Make sure your surgery is pre-certified with your insurance company. Since your surgeon is out-of-network, it's quite likely that he/she may not do the precertification.

Good luck.

Back