Has anyone ever purchased leads from Niche Market Insurers?

Nicolacrayola

Expert
hey all:) newbie here about to take my exam and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them. I’m with Family First and they typically use LeadCo, but I need another company to do direct mail mortgage leads bc my upline has this area pretty much blocked out for direct mail with them. Also interested in purchasing their fixed cost mortgage leads before I enough $$$ for a campaign. Thanks!

hey all:) newbie here about to take my exam and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them. I’m with Family First and they typically use LeadCo, but I need another company to do direct mail mortgage leads bc my upline has this area pretty much blocked out for direct mail with them. Also interested in purchasing their fixed cost mortgage leads before I enough $$$ for a campaign. Thanks!
NMI are good folks. I have only bought aged leads from them a couple of times, though. At that time they required you to have at least one contract with them, so I took on a couple carrier contracts with them. I don’t know if that’s still the case, but you could call them to see. It also might be worthwhile to talk to them about what they can offer you as a contracted agent vs FFL. Maybe you’d rather work with them!

Since you’re in Virginia, I’d also recommend checking out these guys in Roanoke: Insurance Field Marketing Organization in Roanoke, VA | TR King Insurance Marketing Todd and Matthew King are both forum members (@Todd King @Matthew King ) and also good guys. They have alternative lead sources besides LeadCo, some with a discount for contracted agents.

Either NMI or TR King, as well as others, can likely give you a much better contract than you’re getting from FFL, anyway.

NMI are good folks.

They are good folks. When I first started part-time I had a few contracts with them - this was back when Justin and Scott were still with them. I think I used to pay $2 or $3 per aged DM leads back in 2016. Unfortunately they were not really set up, imo, to train up new producers. There have been changes there, and so they might be better set up for that now.

My recommendation to the OP @Nicolacrayola is to hit the pause button with Family First and look around some more. As you did not take your exam yet you cannot be contracted, so you are still an unrestricted free agent. Figure out for sure what sort of agent you want to be, what your initial product focus will be, and base it on what you can find out from this forum and others and not what you here from one IMO or agency.

There are a number of non-recruiting agents here on the forum who will share their experiences and opinions with you with no ulterior motive to make a financial gain off of you.

Here is an excellent place to start, courtesy of @DHK:

https://insurance-forums.com/community/threads/guidance-for-new-life-agents.29999/

You made a good decision to get licensed to sell life insurance.

Your next decision concerning where you will hang that license is quite possibly the most important decision you will ever make concerning your future in this profession.

Choose wisely.

Last edited:
Forgive my ignorance- but you mean that as a FFL agent I cannot buy leads from them at all?? I appreciate the advice to keep looking around, but in my case I have an AMAZING mentor w/FFL and really want to stick with him. Passed the exam today btw:jiggy:

Forgive my ignorance- but you mean that as a FFL agent I cannot buy leads from them at all?? I appreciate the advice to keep looking around, but in my case I have an AMAZING mentor w/FFL and really want to stick with him. Passed the exam today btw:jiggy:
Yes. Niche Market Insurers is not actually a lead vendor. They have lead programs for their agents, just like FFL has for theirs. TR King doesn’t sell leads at all, but has arrangements for contracted agents to buy them at a discount from select vendors.

Now, I hope this doesn’t sound snarky, but is your “amazing” mentor the same person who’s got your area locked down for leads?:eek:
The same person who apparently has no recommendations for another lead source so you’re searching the Internet yourself? (Ok, maybe I am being a little snarky! ;))

So, here’s a great article on picking a direct mail lead company, with reviews of some of the best sources, written by forum member @Glen Shelton: Top 12 Direct Mail Companies for Insurance Agents
Glen’s company, Lead Heroes, sells telemarketed leads, but they’re geared more toward senior products like Final Expense & Medicare. I don’t think he does anything for mortgage protection.

Congratulations on passing the exam!:)

Last edited:

I tried to buy their aged leads a few months back but a guy called to tell me it was just for their agents. I decided not to go through the process of getting a contract, but they were decent. The only thing I didn't like is the site made it look like they were selling their aged leads on the open market, but after taking my payment he called to tell me I had to have contracts also. It made me wonder if it was a recruiting ploy considering how many new agents want aged leads, but it may just be that they didn't think to remove it from public searches.

Back