Has Anyone Heard of Agents of America?

shawnt00

Hey guys and gals. Just registered with this site. I think its awsome. I have been licensed for life, health and annuities for almost 4 years. I started in the industry with Western and Southern Life in Ohio back in late 2004. I worked there for almost 2 years. I moved back to Florida in early 2007 and started my old company up which does kitchen and bath remodels. I probably dont have to tell you how this is going. I did do one smart thing when I relocated and that was to transfer my license to the state of Florida. To make a long story short I'm looking to get back in the business and I dont want to work for an exclusive insurance company like I had before. I want to keep my residuals from all my hard work and not loose them like I did when I left the last company.
I have been talking to a gentleman from Agents of America. From what I gather it is an IMO type company. I am wondering if anyone out there has had any experience with this particular company.

I think it is an IMO. Atleast that is what I was told by the recruiter. they have a site called annuitydesk net. I had to type like this because it wouldnt let me post a url until I have 10 posts. Sorry

Thats it. I went through the site and it seems to be a pretty good tool. I have just had a hard time finding anything else out about them. He did mention that it was a fairly new platform. I have been at my desk all day on different forums trying to find out about these guys. Any help would be appreciated.

I talked to a guy named Lee Frederick, a couple of weeks ago. He had an ad on Craigslist for the Indianapolis area. Said he was living in Chicago, getting ready to move down to Louisville. I thought he said, "Agents for America". He said their HQ was down in Boca Rotan, FL. Is this the same guy you taled with?

Not the same guy. I spoke to Mike Golden. The Headquarters are in Boca Raton so it sounds like the same company. I am still trying to find out more about this company. There just isnt anyone out there that has heard of them. I have pretty much exhausted my different search engines looking for any info. Nothing. They sent me a contract but I will not sign anything until I'm completly at ease with the situation.

I have taken a good look at the contract. I think Im going to pass. For one, I will only receive only 50% of my street level commissions. Im still responsible for all my expenses until I validate and then they pay for your E&O insurance and An individual health policy. The validation requirements are 8000.00 a monthly. In fact you dont even get paid until you validate. I dont see that they offer enough support to substantiate taking half of my street level commissions. I walked this plank at Western and Southern and dont think I want to head down that road again. They do have a pretty nice online agencydesk that in my opinion would be a good benefit but I think I could buy that kind of help with the other half of my commissions and still have enough to take a trip to Europe every year. Does anyone have a better solution for a IMO or FMO?

The ad on craigslist, said it paid a $1,000 a week salary + commision. When I talked to him, he said you had to be validated before you got the salary. So the the ad was misleading. "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is".

Back