Health Ins. meetings w/ groups of 1099's

Well noting that this post entails what to do with 1099'd workers all group options are automatically out the window - that is unless the employer is gonna put them all on w-2.

Yes, they're realtors - I should've mentioned that prior.

You might be lucky if 3 of the 5 healthy ones actually stay with you.

Working it the other way with guaranteed issue products paid for by the employer, you end up with 10 clients.

10 clients at 6% commission and the chance to offer ancillary coverage usually beats 3 at 20%.

Think about it.

True Story - I look at mid-sized groups as part of my retirement portfolio.

When I worked for companies what normally happened was we'd get a very short group presentation - normally on disability or life - then the agent would be given an office to use and each interested person would sit down with the agent.

In a perfect world I could see them lining up at the door after a presentation. Since I'm somewhat of a noob at group presentations I'm going to do a raffle [their business cards] with $10 StarBucks gift card as the prize. I will let you know what happens :goofy:

I've noticed with self-employed people that if they're not interested today, they welcome a call next year [or sooner] and will usually sign them up sometime in the future [a good crm program helps.] They see how over time you've kept your word and even though you haven't talked to them in a year there is usually residual rapport. That's why I want every card because I'm not leaving this business anytime soon!

p.s. if you have anyone has old leads I'll take them off your hands haha...

Last edited:
Back