Health Insurance Issue

Discussion in 'General Insurance Agent Discussions' started by Golddoor, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Golddoor

Golddoor Guru

I have a couple whom I spoke with he had a triple bypass in 2000 and they have been with Unicare for several years, even before the bypass. They are paying out the you know what for their coverage and I was wondering about getting them off their current plan and putting them on an HSA or something better to try to save them money.He is currently in good health and only takes med to control HBP. So what do you experts reccomend that I can or should do about this situation?

2. moonlightandmargaritas

moonlightandmargaritas Guru

State:
    Florida
    Nothing you can do. A cardiac history like that is an automatic decline (unless a guaranteed issue state). Tell 'em to raise their deductible to keep the premium down.

3. somarco

somarco Guru

State:
    Georgia
    The Time (Assurant) EASE application does a 5 year look back on everything but cancer.

Just a thought . . .

4. Golddoor

Golddoor Guru

You know I thought about that. Maybe I will check into it and see if it would go through.

Thanks!

Golddoor

5. Golddoor

Golddoor Guru

I checked the Ease app and they ask if you have "ever" had any of the listed health problems. Which included the bypass. Now what?

6. moonlightandmargaritas

moonlightandmargaritas Guru

State:
    Florida
    Advise them to raise their deductible to control the premium. Then move on.