Health Insurance Marketplace

hypertrain

I received a letter from the marketplace stating they had not received my income.
I honestly forgot to send in the info and then I received a 2nd notice and I emailed
my previous tax return. Thinking all was well I now receive yet another letter this
time stating they had not received my income info and my premium was going up??

I depend on this subsidy to have health insurance for my family especially as my
wife has a pre-existing condition. It said my rates would go up 4/1. If I called them
tomorrow do you think there's still time to get the income info to them even though
I "missed" the deadline and not have my subsidy taken away?

I understand that, but will they still accept it?

If you are past your 90 days, you cant upload the documents any more.

If they took away your subsidies, you are still insured, but will have to pay full price in April. Call them, re-do your application with same income, and get subsidy back for May. Then send in documents, best to upload in your account. Call an agent in your state to help you and have a better experience

Here's an update to my situation. I called The Exchange Marketplace and they did a new application and I got my subsidy for June 1. In the meantime I sent an appeal to the Marketplace, as per their instructions, and marked it an emergency. I have been following up with them to be told time and time I'm at the "last step". No today I logged on to BCBS NC website to see where it says Policy Terminated!! This I'm sure because I didn't and could not pay the 3K per month they billed me for April/May.

Again I have subsidy approved for June 1 so will I be covered in June and going forward? My wife has an important surgery in July and we need insurance!! Any thoughts or advice? Thanks.

Here's an update to my situation. I called The Exchange Marketplace and they did a new application and I got my subsidy for June 1. In the meantime I sent an appeal to the Marketplace, as per their instructions, and marked it an emergency. I have been following up with them to be told time and time I'm at the "last step". No today I logged on to BCBS NC website to see where it says Policy Terminated!! This I'm sure because I didn't and could not pay the 3K per month they billed me for April/May.

Again I have subsidy approved for June 1 so will I be covered in June and going forward? My wife has an important surgery in July and we need insurance!! Any thoughts or advice? Thanks.

The only way this works out is if the marketplace escalation fixes the subsidies for past months, or the carrier allows for some covid extension until it is fixed. If fixed at all.

If neither occur above, then your insurance will terminate without full payments made that are past due.

Lots of exceptions being made, cry for help....literally

The only way this works out is if the marketplace escalation fixes the subsidies for past months, or the carrier allows for some covid extension until it is fixed. If fixed at all.

If neither occur above, then your insurance will terminate without full payments made that are past due.

Lots of exceptions being made, cry for help....literally

Thanks for getting back to me. Do you have any experience with anyone that’s in a similar situation as me? I honestly think that since I was proactive and with so much going on with the Covid-19 they will hopefully understand. There’s not much I can do when it’s in the hands of the appeal at the Marketplace for nearly 30 days.

Plus it does help my wife was furloughed from her job.

Back