Healthcare Cost for Covid

Yes, have been following this site, the costs keep rising. Cut and pasted the summary.

The average cost of hospital care for COVID-19 patients without insurance or who receive out-of-network care varies greatly by age – from $51,389 for patients between 21- and 40-years-old to $78,569 for patients between 41 and 60 years old, according to updated cost analysis data from FAIR Health.

Hospitalization charges for patients under 20-years-old without insurance averaged about $68,261. For people over 60-years-old, that figure was about $77,323.

The highest averaged allowed amount paid to the provider under an insurance plan was $40,208 for people over 60 and was lowest for patients 21 to 40 at $26,152.

I have a client that spent 10 day in the hospital. Gross bill over $100k. Don't know how many in ICU.

I don't work with folks who don't have insurance so no idea how much charges run for someone without coverage.

Repricing brings a $100k bill down to $20k or less. After insurance the OOP is almost nothing.

My wife has had a 5 day hospital stay (broken hip, not COVID) plus cataract surgery (both eyes) in the last 2 years. Those two incidents were $85k and $50k respectively. Our OOP was close to $5k on the hip and $4k on the eyes.

Folks without insurance typically pay almost $0 and they don't have any assets to go after.

It’s funny you say that . When I sell mapd to QI Medicaid level people . There supposed to pay all deductibles and some co insurance . There mapd is 100% because they’ll never pay 1 penny and they have zip to go after

Back