Hello everyone

Hi there! I live in CA and I'm just getting started on my pre-licensing course this week, and I've been enjoying reading the forums and watching YouTube videos, and asking advice from acquaintances who work/worked in insurance. I have never done sales before but I learn quickly and people always tell me I am a natural leader and I have charm and charisma. So, I'm optimistic! I love how helpful and knowledgeable everyone is on this forum. I never would have guessed that "sales people" are so down-to-earth!! :)
Anyways hope you all are having a great day! Happy belated Independence Day to the Americans!

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you, and I hope you stick around

I live in CA

Oh... you poor poor soul. Please tell me you're doing something other than P&C. California is currently the hardest P&C market in history

I have never done sales before

It's not often that I've seen someone go from no sales experience to succeeding in a producer role in insurance. You better get prepared mentally! By that, I mean, you better be ready to be humbled and knocked on your ass for 3-5 years without giving up if you want to call yourself a salesman.

Additionally, prepare to get no respect or recognition for your hard work. Your only reward will be your paycheck and possibly a small amount of personal satisfaction. The general public will despise you.

I learn quickly and people always tell me I am a natural leader and I have charm and charisma.

Those traits will help, but compared to other careers, sales is a whole different ball game. Sales is all about facing rejection head-on, day in and day out. It's a constant hustle, where you've gotta convince people to part with their hard-earned cash. Meanwhile, in other careers, you might be dealing with projects, spreadsheets, or clients, but you don't have that relentless pressure to close deals. Sales is a high-stakes game, and one bad month can send you spiraling. It takes thick skin, charisma, and the ability to bounce back from a thousand "no's." I have seen many people who had great talents in other careers, completely crumble in sales within 6 months.

I don't say any of that to dissuade you from your chosen career, but I hope you have thick skin.

I never would have guessed that "sales people" are so down-to-earth!! :)

Some of us are

Welcome again to the forums & insurance. Best of luck to you

Hi there! I live in CA and I'm just getting started on my pre-licensing course this week, and I've been enjoying reading the forums and watching YouTube videos, and asking advice from acquaintances who work/worked in insurance. I have never done sales before but I learn quickly and people always tell me I am a natural leader and I have charm and charisma. So, I'm optimistic! I love how helpful and knowledgeable everyone is on this forum. I never would have guessed that "sales people" are so down-to-earth!! :)
Anyways hope you all are having a great day! Happy belated Independence Day to the Americans!
Welcome to the forums! When are you moving to Texas, @catotx ?

I don't say any of that to dissuade you from your chosen career, but I hope you have thick skin.

A decent way for people to gauge whether or not sales is for them is how hearing stuff like that makes you feel.

If it makes you nervous and hesitant, that's not good. You can still make it, but not good.

If it feels like a challenge and your mind goes to showing your awesome production to the person who warned you, you're probably gonna make it.

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you, and I hope you stick around

Oh... you poor poor soul. Please tell me you're doing something other than P&C. California is currently the hardest P&C market in history

It's not often that I've seen someone go from no sales experience to succeeding in a producer role in insurance. You better get prepared mentally! By that, I mean, you better be ready to be humbled and knocked on your ass for 3-5 years without giving up if you want to call yourself a salesman.

Additionally, prepare to get no respect or recognition for your hard work. Your only reward will be your paycheck and possibly a small amount of personal satisfaction. The general public will despise you.

Those traits will help, but compared to other careers, sales is a whole different ball game. Sales is all about facing rejection head-on, day in and day out. It's a constant hustle, where you've gotta convince people to part with their hard-earned cash. Meanwhile, in other careers, you might be dealing with projects, spreadsheets, or clients, but you don't have that relentless pressure to close deals. Sales is a high-stakes game, and one bad month can send you spiraling. It takes thick skin, charisma, and the ability to bounce back from a thousand "no's." I have seen many people who had great talents in other careers, completely crumble in sales within 6 months.

Some of us are

Welcome again to the forums & insurance. Best of luck to you

Thank you very much for being candid with me, truly I appreciate it because it seems like all the agencies trying to sell themselves online only or mostly talk about the pro’s and not the con’s or the difficulties.

I’m trying not to have an unrealistic view. I want to try hard… I am super tired of being broke and having nothing to show for jobs that just don’t challenge me at all. I don’t really care if I fail, as long as I don’t lose thousands in the process!

I’m studying L&H right now, wasn’t considering P&C. I want to work directly with folks to improve their lives or get them better deals.

It’s already hard work just slogging through all the b.s. online, to be honest! Wow, there is a lot of deception in this industry.

A decent way for people to gauge whether or not sales is for them is how hearing stuff like that makes you feel.

If it makes you nervous and hesitant, that's not good. You can still make it, but not good.

If it feels like a challenge and your mind goes to showing your awesome production to the person who warned you, you're probably gonna make it.

It’s about 30-70. I still don’t feel like I understand the industry enough and I’m sure I will get a more realistic view as I read more, study more, and talk to people. Keep bringing the harsh reality checks, I do appreciate it. I’m hungry for knowledge.

Likely in the next few years. My boyfriend lives there and is going to Law School, so I will move there when we’re ready to get married or a bit before.

I know you probably hear this all time from your food, but you must bleach, 'cause that is one dazzling smile you got there. Do I detect a hint of minty freshness? And you know what else? You're - - You're a girl dragon! Oh, sure! I mean, of course, you're a girl dragon. You're just reeking of feminine beauty

I know you probably hear this all time from your food, but you must bleach, 'cause that is one dazzling smile you got there. Do I detect a hint of minty freshness? And you know what else? You're - - You're a girl dragon! Oh, sure! I mean, of course, you're a girl dragon. You're just reeking of feminine beauty
Lol! Do you use that on everyone?

Back