Hello from Chris

Chris92

Expert
Hello everyone,

I am a new agent in CO. Ive been in the business since the end of May, however, I havent been able to contact any leads until recently due to other obligations.

Any tips on talking to leads over the phone? Whats the best time to call and do phone sales or set up phone/face to face appointments?

Also, where can I find a steady, decent, yet relatively inexpensive source of leads? The leads that I have are coming from one of my carriers and they seem... fairly low quality. In fact, I had about 7 business numbers and 5 different fax machines in the list.

Any help would be greatly apreciated!

Chris

Go door knocking your leads. Get busy. Most will turn you down on the phone.

Do some research here on the forum.

I door knocked some of the leads and got turned away just as much. Im not saying that it didnt work, just not those few days that I was able to do it. A lot of the leads that were provided to me by my GA speak only spanish. Really difficult to talk to them when I only speak english. lol!

As far as research on the forum, thats exactly what I am doing now. Im sure I can find some stuff to help me out somewhere.

I door knocked some of the leads and got turned away just as much. Im not saying that it didnt work, just not those few days that I was able to do it. A lot of the leads that were provided to me by my GA speak only spanish. Really difficult to talk to them when I only speak english. lol!

As far as research on the forum, thats exactly what I am doing now. Im sure I can find some stuff to help me out somewhere.

You have not worked a big enough sample yet to make that determination.

Early, early in my career I door knocked internet leads (back when they were a thing) and sold some very nice, lucrative life insurance policies.

If you look relatively professional, and you are new, it can help you to try to do things in person.

Alternatively, you can ignore good advice from agents who make more in a month than you'll likely make in your 1st year...

DayTimer: is that something I should disclose in a forum? I'm not really sure of the rules/best practices lol!

Sshafran: I may not know a lot about the insurance business, yet, but I know sound advice when I hear it. On that note, I'll door knock some more, however, should I try and call to schedule an appointment first or should I try cold knocking? The current list of leads I'm working on is t65+ for SA.

Goillini52: I am planning on learning Spanish sometime soon. Rosetta stone is so expensive though. Ever heard of pimsler? I've heard they are good and much cheaper.

I am planning on learning Spanish sometime soon.

Just a suggestion - if you can find a Spanish speaking agent in your area that can help make the appointment, do the sale for a split or you can call from the door on speaker. Your goal will be of course to make the sale then if you can, however, second best and more realistic is making an appointment when an English speaker is there.

I am not offering - I have done the phone a friend thing for a couple of the forum members or their agents. Even if your IMO does not have a Spanish speaking agent just find one with a different upline.

Imagine all the non-Spanish speaking agents that walk away from those homes.

I do not speak Hmong, however, I do a lot of business with the Hmong people.

DayTimer: is that something I should disclose in a forum? I'm not really sure of the rules/best practices lol!

Sshafran: I may not know a lot about the insurance business, yet, but I know sound advice when I hear it. On that note, I'll door knock some more, however, should I try and call to schedule an appointment first or should I try cold knocking? The current list of leads I'm working on is t65+ for SA.

Goillini52: I am planning on learning Spanish sometime soon. Rosetta stone is so expensive though. Ever heard of pimsler? I've heard they are good and much cheaper.
Yes, Pimsleur is much less and supposed to be better. Rosetta was the one that came to mind since I just heard one of their commercials. :yes:

Start Free Trial | Learn a New Language Now

Back