Hello from MI

Redpepper

I have two decades into a very good career, but making it the remaining years to maximize the retirement benefits may not work out based on the current trend of reducing headcount for anyone with significant experience to begin reducing overhead expenses.

That is why I'm exploring the insurance field again.

I worked with Modern Woodmen in 1993 or so before working commission only automotive sales positions for about 4 years.

The broker I worked with was in constant recruitment mode and taught the warm market prospecting method accompanied with calling cold in the phone book (I actually made 2 sales from about 300 cold calls from the phone book with help from the office admin who was a very experienced agent. I sold some warm market as well, but gave up life insurance because I needed to make some rent payments. The overall support was not very good outside of the extremely helpful admin who split commissions with me.

I'm finding that reaching the back side of my corporate career, there are fewer and fewer opportunities for continuing growth outside of upper level executive positions.

Back