Hello from South Texas

ArnieTX

Hello everyone.

My name is Joe and I've been thinking about making a career switch. I'm 37 and have been in Telecom for the past 11 years. Before that I was in the Air Force.

I'm at a point in my life where I want to work for myself. I've been looking at different careers and opportunities over the last couple of years and the insurance industry seems to be the best fit for my personality and work ethic.

I have 4 kids, the oldest is 7. I've talked to Farmer's and State Farm. I'm leaning towards State Farm. They seem to have a solid support and training network and I know some folks who work for them. They seem happy.

My ultimate goal is to build a business that my family can live comfortably with, develop lifelong relationships with everyone I meet, and to be happy and enjoy productive meaningfull work every day.

This is a great forum and I look forward to everyone's input. I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions. This is very exciting for me and my family.

Thanks

Joe

Hi Joe

Welcome....I too am making a career change, hoefully into insurance sales here in Miami, FL. This forum is quite helpful. I do a lot of research on the net and read a ton of books. Very helpful. Good luck in your endeavors!

Christina

I'm not sure how it works with State Farm in TX but here in Tennessee when I checked with them you had to input your information in a pool and they would notify you when there was an opening. However there was about 50 people in the pool and the openings were never around this area.

Back