Hello to all, I just came across this forum on a google search. Glad to be a part of this community. I am contemplating getting my insurance license and looking for some help deciding which type of license to get. I will be working in the Central Florida area primarily Brevard County. I retired from the Sheriffs office after a 22yr career and am looking to get into something that I can grow and build on. I have always been a business minded person and have some retail sales experience. I am a people person and have no problem controlling a conversation. Just looking for any and all help and suggestions to get me going in the right direction. I do have some retirement income coming in but I am to young to quit working so I feel this might be a good fit.

Are you comfortable writing an application on a client while they are smoking weed, you are watching bed bugs crawl all over the room and their pet pit is sniffing your nether regions?

If so... then attempt Final Expense! :yes:;)

Trust me, it's for the cat lover in you. :laugh:

Hello!

giphy.gif

Are you comfortable writing an application on a client while they are smoking weed, you are watching bed bugs crawl all over the room and their pet pit is sniffing your nether regions?

If so... then attempt Final Expense! :yes:;)

Trust me, it's for the cat lover in you. :laugh:

Sounds like you've got some stories to tell:)

Hello Raymond,
Welcome. I am new to the forum as well with a similar story. I worked government programs specialized in Medicare for Brevard, Orange, Osceola and Seminole county for several years. You have a fantastic network in Brevard to work within! What I did was, I researched the school I wanted to go to, took the pre-licensed class and cram course, read the 600 page Florida manual and took the the exam. I gave myself 30 days which some say was to long but I recently passed and obtained my 215 license. This license allows me to sell all health products including life and annuities. Like most professions, there are additional certifications depending on what you decide to specialize in. For now, I am doing my due diligence researching job opportunities and the industry itself from the agents side. Captive vs independent, 100% commission or hourly remote for a call center.The list goes on and on. Just google the various types of Florida licenses to see what is best for you. Whatever you decide, may you stay passionate to helping others. Wishing you all the best!

Back