Hello. What is the difference between fmo,imo and mlm ?

u just need to find an indy mentor who'll show you the ropes.

Thanks great info.

Yeah gonna be a pass. Finding the Indy mentor has been challenge. While back, Go Illini suggested New Horizons (fmo about hour half away). But after talking to them, wasn't quite what I was looking for. I talked to one agent locally who gave some good info & have another local guy I'll talk to.

Thank you so very much for the honest advice. There is an office locally that has an opening for a part time business development position but from what I'm learning it's really not comparing "apples to apples" vs going on my own and working from home w/ an IMO or MLM. I have chatted with a few mlm's (ie. First Family, Priamerica , NAA ) I def. don't wanna make mistake of jumping into something and be stuck with a contract and cannot get released from it.Also they seem to be in a HUGE rush, which is a red flag for me.

One thing about the industry is you can get the best advice from the best people but your going to have to learn some things the hard way.

New people can be told to read the contracts they sign but being new who knows what to look for.

If you go the MLM route understand to make the big bucks you must become a recruiter and motivator and sell out to a system.. That being said if you go the usual brick and morter sales is king.

So contact one or some of the agents here and have a talk. Then just pick a path. Just understand there is a learning curve. I wish you the best.

Your same basic question/scenario has been asked and played out here many many times. If I had to guess, 90% of the folks regretted going with a mlm company, and eventually saw the light and got out. Some it took many many years. I met a guy this weekend that was with WFG for 12yrs, and had no idea he could make so much more money doing the same thing away from them - rather than pay it all upline. He moved over to indy, and is making MUCH more with less stress, no recruiting, and no rally's to attend.

Its not the mlm aspect so much as it is the weak pay, the agenda driven brainwashing, the battering of friends and family, and the constant (expensive) rah rah meetings. Oh, and some won't let you out if you want to leave. LOL

Find a company that sells what products/services you want, sign up with them and see if you can find a mentor to help you. Then learn the business and how to produce and make money for yourself. (there are plenty of companies that will not force you to recruit and build a team)
I wouldn't work with a company that pushes you to recruit everyone you know, in order to have the privilege of getting paid what your sales are actually worth. Oh, and don't forget to see their policies on releasing you if you decide you don't want to stay with them anymore. Don't want to be held hostage if it doesn't work out.

my .02, fwiw

Your same basic question/scenario has been asked and played out here many many times. If I had to guess, 90% of the folks regretted going with a mlm company, and eventually saw the light and got out. Some it took many many years. I met a guy this weekend that was with WFG for 12yrs, and had no idea he could make so much more money doing the same thing away from them - rather than pay it all upline. He moved over to indy, and is making MUCH more with less stress, no recruiting, and no rally's to attend.

Its not the mlm aspect so much as it is the weak pay, the agenda driven brainwashing, the battering of friends and family, and the constant (expensive) rah rah meetings. Oh, and some won't let you out if you want to leave. LOL

Find a company that sells what products/services you want, sign up with them and see if you can find a mentor to help you. Then learn the business and how to produce and make money for yourself. (there are plenty of companies that will not force you to recruit and build a team)
I wouldn't work with a company that pushes you to recruit everyone you know, in order to have the privilege of getting paid what your sales are actually worth. Oh, and don't forget to see their policies on releasing you if you decide you don't want to stay with them anymore. Don't want to be held hostage if it doesn't work out.

my .02, fwiw

Great Advice . . .

Back