Hello Y'all!

I would also suggest that you get a P&C license instead, since you don't want to sell "traditional" life and health.

Thank you everyone for the info and advice! I am going to address my issues and concerns with my recruiting agent. I am concerned with the economy and the number of uninsured... how do they afford supplemental if they can't afford health insurance? What about liability insurance? Do I need to carry that? What is the exact percentage of turnovers for this region.. (I did ask this but was not quoted a number)
I understand that selling will be difficult. If it were a get rich quick scheme or easy, I think everyone would do it!

I am going to keep my options open for now. Will NOT burn bridges but must have these concerns addressed. It will take more time to research before I take on this endeavor.

I am hoping that she would be open to me shadowing her for a week when she is in the field. I want to see her highs and lows when she is prospecting.

Thanks again!

"Guardian is a great company, yet dollar for dollar if "Own Occupation" is not on the table I believe IM would be a better choice."

When you deal with "better quality" business owners and professionals, "own occ" is ALWAYS on the table.

That's why they buy it.

"Guardian is a great company, yet dollar for dollar if "Own Occupation" is not on the table I believe IM would be a better choice."

When you deal with "better quality" business owners and professionals, "own occ" is ALWAYS on the table.

That's why they buy it.

Well, when dealing with real BO's and Insurance Carriers one finds out quickly that DI "Own Occupation" greatly varies. In other words, Own Occupation for a Surgeon doesn't equate to a BO of a Wiget Company. Now I'm sure Guardian is sitting there and offers Own Occupation base on Quality of Person.

(Definition for Occ Classes 6, 5, 4, and 4P) Total disability means that, because of sickness or injury, you are not able to perform the material and substantial duties of your occupation. Your occupation means the occupation (or occupations, if more than one) you are engaged in at the time you become disabled. You will be considered totally disabled even if you are at work in some other capacity so long as you are not able to work in your occupation. If your occupation is limited to a single medical specialty certified by the American Board of Medical Specialties or a single dental specialty recognized by the American Dental Association, we will deem your specialty to be your occupation.

SoumisaR, I think that Fortune magazine listing as a "Best Business to Work For" applies to administrative and Home Office people, not agents who are considered independent contractors.

To the original poster, I suggest you seriously look into Illinios Mutual, most people of knowledge agree they are making huge strides in Middle Class market with affordable and good coverage. Without a doubt, their DI is worth looking at and quite affordable for middle America as their new WL product hitting the streets.

Of course all those small business owners making less than 100 grand of course can afford DI from Guardian, Own Occupation, Non Can and "Till 65"! Obviously we have some serious clowns running around here.

Back